s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any experience with dogs in the Lariat. Specifically do they scratch up the seats or damage in any other way?
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any experience with dogs in the Lariat. Specifically do they scratch up the seats or damage in any other way?
They make those dog hammocks that they sell on Amazon that pretty much protect the entire back seat so you make the call

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In addition to the dog hammocks, I would consider the door panel covers, amazon sells a couple different ones that plug into the window channels. The door panel plastic does scratch fairly easily from my experience.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 125lb Great Pyrenees. Plenty of room in the middle seat. Got these from Amazon.

Dog Hammock:
Door protectors not available any long by Plush Paws but I am sure you will find the door protectors for about $30.

Ford Maverick Dogs in the Lariat? Scratches / damage? DoorDogProtector

Ford Maverick Dogs in the Lariat? Scratches / damage? RearSeatBackProtector

Ford Maverick Dogs in the Lariat? Scratches / damage? RearSeatDogProtector

OP
OP

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all your suggestions

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In addition to the dog hammocks, I would consider the door panel covers, amazon sells a couple different ones that plug into the window channels. The door panel plastic does scratch fairly easily from my experience.
The hammocks have flaps on either end that zip-up in place and protect the door also,

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for that info on side panels. I have my seat covered so I don’t have any scratches on the seats but my dog does like to jump up on the window to look out. I’ll look for them on Amazon. i’m wondering if anybody has found a way to fill-in or minimize the scratches on the plastic🤔

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 125lb Great Pyrenees. Plenty of room in the middle seat. Got these from Amazon.

Dog Hammock:
Door protectors not available any long by Plush Paws but I am sure you will find the door protectors for about $30.

DoorDogProtector.jpeg

RearSeatBackProtector.jpeg

RearSeatDogProtector.jpeg
I've got one of those too. The Great Pyrenees, that is. He's one of my main ranch dogs. He has never been indoors, nor will he ever be. Great dogs. Yeah, I also have a hammock for the back seat for my other (smaller) dogs. They work well.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all your suggestions
If you get a seat cover as opposed to the hammock style, you also might want to get a protective cover for the center armrest. Amazon. My dog would use it as a perch and I saw the potential of it getting scratched up.

Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you get a seat cover as opposed to the hammock style, you also might want to get a protective cover for the center armrest. Amazon. My dog would use it as a perch and I saw the potential of it getting scratched up.
Do you have this particular cover? If so, how is it working out for you?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost all of these come with a short restraining leash, Helps with keeping them in the backseat🐕‍🦺

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have this particular cover? If so, how is it working out for you?
Have the exact cover, but in brown to match the Lariat's interior. It works fine . . . no issues and easily removable if needed. It's slightly smaller than the console cover, but that isn't a problem for me. If you aren't satisfied with it, you can always return it, right?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost all of these come with a short restraining leash, Helps with keeping them in the backseat🐕‍🦺
You are correct. I use one, but my dog is still able to get her front paws on top of the console.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every so often I drive a Ford Explorer that has 156000 miles. There are just a few scratches on the dash and the doors. I tried with my nail to rub it across the plastic and nothing happens. No scratch.

If I run my finger nail on the plastic of the Maverick it scratches. The truck has several scratches and I have no idea how this happened.
Sponsored