Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
P160A codes can only be reset doing an adaptive relearn for the module they get set in. You need a one of the newer versions of forscan that has that functionality for the AWD and PCM modules. Any test versions with a date of march 1st or later have that functionality.
https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220307.exe

With that said this tutorial is for a left and right hand switch combo of SW8579 and SW8576 not SW8585 and SW8576. SW8585 is for an adaptive cruise control system with lane centering. Your P160A error codes are due to the adaptive CC and lane centering buttons not being able to be functional i.e. missing modules needed for ACC. The correct switch is SW8579 for the left hand switch. With that said the adapative relearn might be all you need and all the other buttons except those 2 buttons for ACC and lane centering will still work but no longer throw any error codes.

If the adaptive relearn doesn't work you need to change the LH switch to SW8579 and use the correct SCCM code for the SW8579 and SW8576 switch combo.
Thanks so much for the reply, I will try the adaptive relearn tonight and will report back with the results, if that doesn’t work I will order the listed left switch and swap them out

edit: dealer is willing to accept a return for SW8585 so I will replace with SW8579
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
P160A codes can only be reset doing an adaptive relearn for the module they get set in. You need a one of the newer versions of forscan that has that functionality for the AWD and PCM modules. Any test versions with a date of march 1st or later have that functionality.
https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220307.exe

With that said this tutorial is for a left and right hand switch combo of SW8579 and SW8576 not SW8585 and SW8576. SW8585 is for an adaptive cruise control system with lane centering. Your P160A error codes are due to the adaptive CC and lane centering buttons not being able to be functional i.e. missing modules needed for ACC. The correct switch is SW8579 for the left hand switch. With that said the adapative relearn might be all you need and all the other buttons except those 2 buttons for ACC and lane centering will still work but no longer throw any error codes.

If the adaptive relearn doesn't work you need to change the LH switch to SW8579 and use the correct SCCM code for the SW8579 and SW8576 switch combo.
So I installed the correct switch (SW8579 and SW8576) and the code was still present after updating the SCCM (BCM and ABS were already set properly). I ended up having to still complete an adaptive relearn to get the code to finally clear as nothing else would do it but everything looks normal now, will continue to drive it for the rest of the week and hope that it doesnt come back. Thanks for all of your help and hopefully this is able to help someone else out if they run into the same issue.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I installed the correct switch (SW8579 and SW8576) and the code was still present after updating the SCCM (BCM and ABS were already set properly). I ended up having to still complete an adaptive relearn to get the code to finally clear as nothing else would do it but everything looks normal now, will continue to drive it for the rest of the week and hope that it doesnt come back. Thanks for all of your help and hopefully this is able to help someone else out if they run into the same issue.
The correct SCCM code should be the following for
724-02-01
1250 6820 30xx

you had 1290 xxxx xxxx which would still throw error codes even with switch SW8579 installed.

Also keep in mind the middle set of numbers has to do with whether you have Copilot 360 installed or not.

xxxx 6820 xxxx is for a left steering wheel turn signal stalk with lane assist

xxxx 4820 xxxx is for a left steering wheel turn signal stalk without lane assist

Usually using the 6820 works fine even without copilot 360 installed but better to use the correct known code when applicable.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The correct SCCM code should be the following for
724-02-01
1250 6820 30xx

you had 1290 xxxx xxxx which would still throw error codes even with switch SW8579 installed.

Also keep in mind the middle set of numbers has to do with whether you have Copilot 360 installed or not.

xxxx 6820 xxxx is for a left steering wheel turn signal stalk with lane assist

xxxx 4820 xxxx is for a left steering wheel turn signal stalk without lane assist

Usually using the 6820 works fine even without copilot 360 installed but better to use the correct known code when applicable.
I was still getting P160A even after updating all of my codes to match your guide, it was the adaptive relearn that finally reset it.

I ended up following your guide before posting on this one since there were more views here.

From your thread:
"They work in the following manner
xxxx 4xxx xxxx is for a left hand steering wheel switch and left hand turn stalk w/ lane keep

xxxx 6xxx xxxx is for a left hand steering wheel switch and left hand turn stalk w/o lane keep "

Just want to make sure that I have the correct code even though they should both work. In this thread you mention that 6XXX is for a turn stalk with lane assist and in the original it is without as above. Which one is for a stalk WITHOUT cp360?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was still getting P160A even after updating all of my codes to match your guide, it was the adaptive relearn that finally reset it.

I ended up following your guide before posting on this one since there were more views here.

From your thread:
xxxx 4xxx xxxx is for a left hand steering wheel switch and left hand turn stalk w/ lane keep

xxxx 6xxx xxxx is for a left hand steering wheel switch and left hand turn stalk w/o lane keep "

Just want to make sure that I have the correct code even though they should both work. In this thread you mention that 6XXX is for a turn stalk with lane assist and in the original it is without as above. Which one is for a stalk WITHOUT cp360?
Let me go look at some as built data and I'll confirm which one is correct.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

From your thread:

6xxx is with lane keep assist
4xxx is without lane keep assist.

I will correct the info on the thread.

Also the correct SCCM code is
1258 not 1250 like I posted earlier. Been awhile since I've looked at this and that is what my original notes and the as built data shows for this steering wheel switch combo.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
6xxx is with lane keep assist
4xxx is without lane keep assist.

I will correct the info on the thread.

Also the correct SCCM code is
1258 not 1250 like I posted earlier. Been awhile since I've looked at this and that is what my original notes and the as built data shows for this steering wheel switch combo.
All good, thanks for going back to check, glad we could get that part sorted. Thanks again for all of the help, going to double check my modules now to make sure that everything matches your guide and hopefully I dont see that P160A again

Last edited:

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally joined the XL cruise control club. I got mine working today.
What FORScan adapter do you recommend, and is it necessary to change the clock spring and or steering wheel?

njchris1968

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, E350, F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having a problem getting cruise working I did get audio controls working but no cruise I don’t see any Bcm in Forscan am I doing something wrong?
Maverick 2.0 eco xL AWD with 360. All I chanced was Sccm asbuilt everything else matched up.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a problem getting cruise working I did get audio controls working but no cruise I don’t see any Bcm in Forscan am I doing something wrong?
Maverick 2.0 eco xL AWD with 360. All I chanced was Sccm asbuilt everything else matched up.
What FORScan adapter do you recommend, and is it necessary to change the clock spring and or steering wheel?
The newest information can be found here: DIY Forscan enabled Cruise control XL models only | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Sponsored

Oigres salazar

First Name
Oigres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Can anyone help me out I’m trying to do the cruise control mod for my xl my switch’s are in but when I connect to forscan it’s saying unable to identify vehicle and to add a pcm number anyone on here have to mess with that?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone help me out I’m trying to do the cruise control mod for my xl my switch’s are in but when I connect to forscan it’s saying unable to identify vehicle and to add a pcm number anyone on here have to mess with that?
Which cable did you use? Most problems are associated with using a cheap or incompatible cable, Here's the recommended one: OBDLink® EX - OBD2 Adapter For ELM327 & FORScan

Did you use the latest version of FORScan?

Oigres salazar

First Name
Oigres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick

raulbdiaz1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 For Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any luck? I’m having same issue.

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got this steering wheel it's supposed to be off a 2020 Explorer Police Cruiser. Have a look see and tell me what you think. Left side buttons marked 1, 2, 3 & 4 I don't recognize from any pictures. Will it work on my 2022 Maverick XL. I'm not gonna install it until I get a laptop on the 14th. If anyone here can give me some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone for such a great forum.
Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel IMG_20220404_181730640_HDR
Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel IMG_20220404_181736727_HDR
Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel IMG_20220404_181742338_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.