First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, but predicting the future is fraught with peril.
Indeed.

If you told me four years ago when I got my Mustang that it would be worth more now than I paid for it, I would have laughed at you.

Well, guess what?

I paid $31K for it and it's worth anywhere from $32 to $36K. And that's after I drove it for four years.

Of course, I'm keeping the car since it's almost completely paid off but still.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2022 winner of best resale for a truck that's been out for ~6 months, and it is only March of 2022...not sure how that works lol still 10 months of data to collect for 2022
They are probably basing it on the people buying them and then turning around and selling to Carvana for $10k profit haha

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are probably basing it on the people buying them and then turning around and selling to Carvana for $10k profit haha
No doubt that they are, but my point was that it's two months into 2022, and they're giving out an award for the best 2022 resale...you'd think that award would come in December to see which cars actually had the best resale for the year. Furthermore, if it was an award based on previous year's data from 2021, the Mav only had, at max, 3 months of data to compare with other vehicles

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No doubt that they are, but my point was that it's two months into 2022, and they're giving out an award for the best 2022 resale...you'd think that award would come in December to see which cars actually had the best resale for the year. Furthermore, if it was an award based on previous year's data from 2021, the Mav only had, at max, 3 months of data to compare with other vehicles
I agree. There really shouldn't be NEW CAR resale value as they are new. They should be based on at minimum 3 years old vehicles. Of course with the way the used car market is right now, everything is skewed. My 2018 Rav 4 that I paid $22k for 4 years ago has 62,000 miles on it and was appraised for $21,000. I had it appraised at the same dealership 2 years ago and was only worth $16,000 then.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many new-car buyers do not realize that depreciation often is the greatest expense incurred by drivers during the first five years of vehicle ownership. An average 2022 model-year vehicle will only retain about 43% of its original value after a five-year ownership period, meaning that a $45,000new car today will only be worth somewhere close to $19,350 after five years. In comparison, all vehicles in Kelley Blue Book's Top 10 for Best Resale Value are projected to retain around 56% or more of their MSRP.
Iā€™m happy to see this of courseā€¦ but the quoted portion simply isnā€™t true anymore lol these reviewers havenā€™t adjusted to the new normal covid has brought us where cars dont depreciate anymore. My 4 year old kia is now worth 3000 dollars more than it was 4 years ago when i bought it new lol

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my point, the Maverick is popular but 50%+ new owners of that population segment on Reddit are having problems w their brand new vehicle. The paint issue alone is a šŸš©for resale value as mechanical issues can be fixed or hidden but visually a bunch of chips in paint is going to drag down value.

UGH hate Jeep got burned on a GC w transmission dying well before 100,000 miles. I have always wanted a soft side & top Wrangler but FL rain and heat would be miserable, also a death trap on I-4 already a death trap road.
No. That poll shows that currently 28 out of 51 reddit users who happened to take a highly unscientific poll reported mostly minor issues. It's highly un-reliable data, and literally no accurate assessments of the maverick's quality or reliability can be made based on the data.

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BREAKING NEWS!!!

KBB wins first place in the category of most meaningless award
Sponsored