SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you post up a few pix of yours?

I plan on a bed cover, mudflaps, but will likely paint the door handles and mirror housings cactus grey to look like the lux package setup. This may offset it more. I agree the bronco sport I saw in bright sunlight today has a lot of black on it, but I was just looking at the grey. If it's the same color formulation between the bronco sport and the maverick it's pretty dark. I was hoping the cactus grey would be a lighter shade like in these pix below I pulled off the net.

Screenshot_20220103-172452_Samsung Internet.jpg

th.jpeg-3 (1)cactus.jpg

th.jpeg-4.jpg

th.jpeg-3.jpg
That's mine, after you add the mud flaps and cover...you'll love it!

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to 2 dealers on Sunday to try and find the colors I'm interested in - of course their online inventory didn't match the lot (neither had any cactus gray, area 51 or orange crush!).

As much as I think orange would be fun, it cost $ and is too unique for me (I did happen to see a bronco sport on the road in orange, it did look good!). Area 51 - I like it when it is darker in photos, but the press shots and the release video with it have put me off.

It will definitely have to be cactus for me - I love the flat gray look, and don't mind the slight green hue at all - super excited to get this!
Haha i ordered mine cactus grey for similar reasons. I love the orange!… i love $800 after tax and financing more.

i also love area 51, but its very similar to the color of our other car.

i also love the cactus grey i’ve seen on broncos, and its free lol

i’ll give this thread a follow in hopes that people will show some photos of rims and small exterior mods as they get their trucks delivered to inspire me.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I'm out on the cactus grey. I thought it was lighter like all the pix show. Not really into it being a chameleon color of sorts. My order isnt scheduled with a vin yet, so I asked my dealer to switch it to iconic silver.

When I went back to the dealer to look at the cactus gray bronco sport. Took some pix, and really looked at it a bit more in person, they also had a iconic silver maverick lariat there, and I took some pix, then compared them with other iconic silver Mavericks on the net. The silver color does not shift around in different shades of light. I think I will be happier personally with the silver.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I'm out on the cactus grey. I thought it was lighter like all the pix show. Not really into it being a chameleon color of sorts. My order isnt scheduled with a vin yet, so I asked my dealer to switch it to iconic silver.

When I went back to the dealer to look at the cactus gray bronco sport. Took some pix, and really looked at it a bit more in person, they also had a iconic silver maverick lariat there, and I took some pix, then compared them with other iconic silver Mavericks on the net. The silver color does not shift around in different shades of light. I think I will be happier personally with the silver.
I'm not into silver vehicles in general, but the Iconic Silver looks great on the Maverick. It matches well with so many wheel colors and types too. And it's much less common of a color than the Cactus Gray.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK great, now please stop posting in this thread and move over to the Iconic Silver thread (aka "the safe choice" thread). Bye now!

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And it's much less common of a color than the Cactus Gray.
Silver is a much less common color than Cactus Gray? In what alternate reality?

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Silver is a much less common color than Cactus Gray? In what alternate reality?
In the Maverick alternate reality! :cool:

I was speaking Maverick-centric colors. I see now that I should have been more clear. Unlike the poster I quoted, I really like the Cactus Gray. I chose it initially for my build. Switched to CO later. Just was making the point about CG being a common color selection.

Exactly. Thank you for posting this. Saves me from looking it up!

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the Maverick alternate reality! :cool:

I was speaking Maverick-centric colors. I see now that I should have been more clear. Unlike the poster I quoted, I really like the Cactus Gray. I chose it initially for my build. Switched to CO later. Just was making the point about CG being a common color selection.

Exactly. Thank you for posting this. Saves me from looking it up!
I think Silver in general has seen more popular days - back when non-color options typically consisted of White, Black and Silver. Today buyers gravitate towards non-color shading in general, and in particular flat looking finishes are much more popular.

Interestingly enough it seems that the flat grays started with the luxury brands, but quickly tricked down to the truck segment where they are extremely popular. I love me a flat, non-sparkle finish. Both CG and A51 are great!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Silver in general has seen more popular days - back when non-color options typically consisted of White, Black and Silver. Today buyers gravitate towards non-color shading in general, and in particular flat looking finishes are much more popular.

Interestingly enough it seems that the flat grays started with the luxury brands, but quickly tricked down to the truck segment where they are extremely popular. I love me a flat, non-sparkle finish. Both CG and A51 are great!
Yeah, I agree with your points. And I'll add...a nice flat light brown or sand color would be amazing too! Or cool shade of flat green. Cross between army green and forest green.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not into silver vehicles in general, but the Iconic Silver looks great on the Maverick. It matches well with so many wheel colors and types too. And it's much less common of a color than the Cactus Gray.
Iconic Silver looks good when it's highly polished. The trainer Maverick I saw in the color didn't really wow me, but I'd seen a Bronco Sport on the road that was quite striking. May have been ceramic coated or just a real good polish that gave it an almost liquid metal contrast.