athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2 f250s that have bullet liner, and that holds up great. One of the tailgates has a couple gouges in the liner from steel shovels shoveling either mulch or salt out but that's about it. I wouldn't suggest doing that. One liner is about 3 yrs old and the other is about 6yrs old.
Thanks! Appreciate everybody's response. Haven't had one and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to fail a couple years down the road. My local Line-X is priced at $525 I think, so will check it out when the truck gets here.
Sponsored

2pmader

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Has anybody had a spray in liner on a previous truck for a long period of time? Was curious how they age and what issues come up down the road. If it's chipping or breaking down, I guess you would just have it sprayed again? Thanks!
Had factory spray on. On my last 2 Ram trucks held up good on those and loaded on masonry equipment

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I am offically joining the Cactus Grey Club Saturday! The dealer was going to have the bed Line-X the me but the timing wouldnt work out (next week we have a snowstorm and im traveling) so I'm getting a check cut and going to get it done by a Line-X place closer to me. How much did you guys pay to get it done?

mactools1395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Thanks! Appreciate everybody's response. Haven't had one and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to fail a couple years down the road. My local Line-X is priced at $525 I think, so will check it out when the truck gets here.
I'd shop around. The shop that does all of my plow work and bed liners was around that cost for a full sized 8' bed. Prices could have gone up but it won't hurt to shop around.

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. This is the only way to configure a bed. Drop-ins are too slick and plasticky and easily scratch. And then just having the bear sheet metal is even worse since you're damaging the paint and risking rust if you beat it up too hard. Plus it looks bad. Since mine has the Lariat luxury package, it will come with spray-in from the factory but I just hope it's not affected by the fuel tank recall. I'm hoping that since they spotted it and remedied it to existing builds, future builds will be more cautiously installed. That's why I should've cancelled the spray-in altogether and just had the dealer do it. But once I get it, I'll have them inspect it to be on the safe side.
They subcontracted to a vendor who did not have appropriate quality controls and they drilled too deep when clearing the drainage holes. That's why some trucks were not affected while others were just dented and still others had holes fully drilled into the gas tanks. It was a short time period and was remedied. If your truck wasn't built within that short window, you'll be all set.

Sponsored

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
Is it possible to get spray in bedliner in a color other than black? My Maverick will be cactus gray, so I would get it sprayed in gray, if possible.

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it varies by region but what price did they quote you? @rognus had Line-X for $525. Just curious the difference seeing as how the owner of Bullet once worked for/part-owned Line-X.

My XLT Luxury comes with the drop-in and I'm debating chunking it for spray-in. I've never had drop-ins and I hear the horror stories of moisture and rubbed paint but I have to "work" the budget or wifey gets upset!
So I paid $550 out the door for my Bullet Liner and couldn't be happier! Love it's strength and texture, very high quality imo. Plus can't beat the lifetime warranty on it.
Ford Maverick Line-X before and after PXL_20220114_002533704

Ford Maverick Line-X before and after PXL_20220114_002519730

Ford Maverick Line-X before and after PXL_20220114_002459652

Ford Maverick Line-X before and after PXL_20220114_002545979

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I am offically joining the Cactus Grey Club Saturday! The dealer was going to have the bed Line-X the me but the timing wouldnt work out (next week we have a snowstorm and im traveling) so I'm getting a check cut and going to get it done by a Line-X place closer to me. How much did you guys pay to get it done?
My dealer is allowing me to use my Ford Pass points toward the Line-X. They took it to a local franchise yesterday and I should get it back today. $525 + tax.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is allowing me to use my Ford Pass points toward the Line-X. They took it to a local franchise yesterday and I should get it back today. $525 + tax.
Awesome! Thanks, this place is right down the road from me, they are cutting me a check for $400 and ill pay the difference.

Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Liner's and tonneau covers for those beds....so much love for the truck beds...the ole guys get a chuckle out of this. The truck will be in the salvage yards...but that bed....it'll look awesome.
LMAO. Just bustin chops..

Happy Friday you lucky Mav owners....mine still in process...

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much did this run you? I know it will vary from state to state, but just to get an idea since this bed size is smaller than most ;)
my Line-X in Ohio was $525+tax. Looks great!

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost