Not open for further replies.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I've been trying to figure out heated steering wheel and seats, and there is nothing, even a guy I know that works for Ford can't get them. I was looking into the locking tailgate as well eventually. I figure its probably just easier to take the parts off and track down wires at this point. I'm sure if you pull the plastic cover off the inside of the tailgate, you'll be able to see if there's a wire going to that area.
I'm hoping the steering wheel is just a matter of the correct clockspring considering the escape wheel I purchased is heated. I also acquired the left side CC unit that doesn't have the ACC button on it and the salvage yard I purchased the wheel from also had a very cheap HVAC control unit from an escape with buttons for heated seats and steering wheel. I'm going to pull that apart when I get it to see if the smaller control unit can be pulled out of the escape specific surround and then transplanted into the Maverick surround. For some reason I doubt or XL models are wired for heated seats but I enjoy tinkering with this stuff. Thanks for what you've done with the CC.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm hoping the steering wheel is just a matter of the correct clockspring considering the escape wheel I purchased is heated. I also acquired the left side CC unit that doesn't have the ACC button on it and the salvage yard I purchased the wheel from also had a very cheap HVAC control unit from an escape with buttons for heated seats and steering wheel. I'm going to pull that apart when I get it to see if the smaller control unit can be pulled out of the escape specific surround and then transplanted into the Maverick surround. For some reason I doubt or XL models are wired for heated seats but I enjoy tinkering with this stuff. Thanks for what you've done with the CC.
I forgot what the escape HVAC control looked like, but the EcoSport one was the same mounting as the Maverick, I pulled my my HVAC panel out the other day, but it looks like the one I was comparing had more wires so I was going to trade the harness from the HVAC panel to the module

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good source of Ford parts diagrams? The Ford parts website stinks and so do all of the dealer sites. I would like in depth parts diagrams. I've never owned a Ford before and I've never had a problem finding really good parts diagrams along with actual full part numbers. Thank you
I'm waiting for Helm Inc to have their digital service manual released to them - Ford hasn't provided it yet. But when they do, you'll be able to get the full service manual from them, and apparently wiring diagrams etc!

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been trying to figure out heated steering wheel and seats, and there is nothing, even a guy I know that works for Ford can't get them. I was looking into the locking tailgate as well eventually. I figure its probably just easier to take the parts off and track down wires at this point. I'm sure if you pull the plastic cover off the inside of the tailgate, you'll be able to see if there's a wire going to that area.
I think I'm just going to go aftermarket for the heated seats. Easy enough options on amazon that, while taking a little bit of work, seem fairly easy to do and can still give a factory finish feel

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I'm just going to go aftermarket for the heated seats. Easy enough options on amazon that, while taking a little bit of work, seem fairly easy to do and can still give a factory finish feel
I feel ya, I don't need them, I just wanna do it factory to say I did 😂 I want all of those XLT and lariat people yelling me on Facebook to be punching air when I've got lariat status on a McChicken and bus ticket budget 😂

Sponsored

dwanna12

First Name
kess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
I have finally got Cruise working on my XL. I'm not positive that you absolutely have to have both of the IPC inputs, however, I have working cruise, so I haven't dug into it too far. If anyone wants to challenge it, feel free to post the results!

2020 Ford Escape steering wheel

SCCM

724-02-01 1258 6820 3050 clock spring

IPC Instrument panel control module

720-01-02 0227 4093

720-02-01 09E4 2D34 1E96

BCM

726-04-05 CB28 8140 8872

cruisecontrol3.jpg

Cruisecontrol.jpg
Sorry if this has been asked! How long did it take to put in cruise in the XL?
Do you know anyone in northern Wisconsin that would put mine in?

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could probably do it in 15 minutes now. How far northern Wisconsin?

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mission accomplished! I worked through text with @Tyvemattis last night and encountered an issue that's apparently been pretty frequent with these attempts - the inability to write to the SCCM. After a few attempts with the latest FORScan beta with no fruit, I packaged my logs and shipped them over to the FORScan crew.

Woke up this morning to a new beta from FORScan, popped outside for lunch with my laptop and successfully followed @Tyvemattis guide on what to edit and where. All modules saved successfully, and after attaching the steering wheel with Cruise Control it operated beautifully!

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel MavCruiseControl

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mission accomplished! I worked through text with @Tyvemattis last night and encountered an issue that's apparently been pretty frequent with these attempts - the inability to write to the SCCM. After a few attempts with the latest FORScan beta with no fruit, I packaged my logs and shipped them over to the FORScan crew.

Woke up this morning to a new beta from FORScan, popped outside for lunch with my laptop and successfully followed @Tyvemattis guide on what to edit and where. All modules saved successfully, and after attaching the steering wheel with Cruise Control it operated beautifully!

MavCruiseControl.jpg
Beautiful, thanks for posting.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MavCruiseControl.jpg
Awesome! I'm still a ways out from getting my maverick and should have a steering wheel in before it arrives. I'm excited to see everyone replicating this.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you just go with the whole steering wheel and click spring or just the buttons? I can't wait for my Maverick to be built.
No clockspring replacement needed. I did buy a wheel, but that wheel ended up coming with a switch for Adaptive Cruise Control, so I had to buy a left side replacement switch too.

You can do -just- the switches, but I stress that you'll need both left and right for it to work. They move controls around for the switches which requires a full new set to replace your current set.

Theoretically this is possible with the left and right switch modules, a FORScan compatible connector, and the correct socket for removing the steering wheel (as I'm assuming most won't have a 15/16 SAE socket just sitting around). Not an expensive modification if you're willing to do a little troubleshooting and are comfortable with some simple mechanical tinkering.

tancolbert

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I purchased a steering wheel with the adaptive cruise by mistake and can confirm the sccm line will not program correctly. I do not know if anyone has found the correct line for the adaptive switch pack. I am now awaiting a non adaptive switch pack.

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No clockspring replacement needed. I did buy a wheel, but that wheel ended up coming with a switch for Adaptive Cruise Control, so I had to buy a left side replacement switch too.

You can do -just- the switches, but I stress that you'll need both left and right for it to work. They move controls around for the switches which requires a full new set to replace your current set.

Theoretically this is possible with the left and right switch modules, a FORScan compatible connector, and the correct socket for removing the steering wheel (as I'm assuming most won't have a 15/16 SAE socket just sitting around). Not an expensive modification if you're willing to do a little troubleshooting and are comfortable with some simple mechanical tinkering.
great info, just to confirm if you get a wheel without adaptive cc, the clock spring isn’t necessary?

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
great info, just to confirm if you get a wheel without adaptive cc, the clock spring isn’t necessary?
The clock spring isn't necessary unless you want a heated wheel, in which case, you need the clock spring and HVAC panel
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.