2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Ok, now I have to ask. I ordered mine through the dealer 5 miles from my house and while they were great, the 3k savings is getting my attention.

How would it change my order status or wait time, if at all?

I’m in Raleigh, by the way.
Sponsored

Pirategrad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
your closest port of entry is San YSidro for trucks coming out of Mexico, right? Hermosillo is located due south of Nogales on Texas border. I saw a map posted recently and IIRC rough calculation was Hermosillo was about 180 miles to TX border. I'm guessing Ford would send trucks straight to Nogales port of entry, and then disburse across USA rather than transit Mexico side with gangs, corruption, etc. I could be wrong on their methods, but I know which way I would go :p
Nogales is actually in Arizona. I believe most vehicles assembled in Mexico are transported via Rail into the US. Once here, the vehicles are routed to a transit yard closets to their final destination. Once there, the vehicles are then moved off the rail cars and loaded onto car carriers for local delivery. Pretty elaborate logistic process. That’s why Tom talks about a specific shipping code if the vehicle is going to be a courtesy drop off. Ford will load the vehicle onto a rail car that will deliver it closest to the final destination if its not going to PA.

I used to work for a workers’ compensation carrier that insured a company at the Laredo Port of Entry. They were responsible for inspecting vehicles on rail cars to check if they had actually made it to the US and if there was any damage during transport Into the US. They were good about explaining shipping logistics for vehicles and their role in the process. There some interesting stories about migrants riding inside cars with the engine and AC running on the train when crossing into the US.

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ok, now I have to ask. I ordered mine through the dealer 5 miles from my house and while they were great, the 3k savings is getting my attention.

How would it change my order status or wait time, if at all?

I’m in Raleigh, by the way.
Hey Raleigh...just email me your specs & ill price it out for you...

[email protected]

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not 24…like 20 lol
Tom
I sent another email yesterday (replied to yours so hopefully it arrived) to confirm change to Cyber Orange FWD Lariat + Lux + copilot + Moon (but no console vault). Hopefully this can get updated before tomorrows scheduling run.
Thanks.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nogales is actually in Arizona. I believe most vehicles assembled in Mexico are transported via Rail into the US. Once here, the vehicles are routed to a transit yard closets to their final destination. Once there, the vehicles are then moved off the rail cars and loaded onto car carriers for local delivery. Pretty elaborate logistic process. That’s why Tom talks about a specific shipping code if the vehicle is going to be a courtesy drop off. Ford will load the vehicle onto a rail car that will deliver it closest to the final destination if its not going to PA.

I used to work for a workers’ compensation carrier that insured a company at the Laredo Port of Entry. They were responsible for inspecting vehicles on rail cars to check if they had actually made it to the US and if there was any damage during transport Into the US. They were good about explaining shipping logistics for vehicles and their role in the process. There some interesting stories about migrants riding inside cars with the engine and AC running on the train when crossing into the US.
Is Nogales in Arizona or Mexico?
Nogales, city, seat (1899) of Santa Cruz county, southern Arizona, U.S. A port of entry on the Mexican border, it adjoins Heroica Nogales in Sonora, Mexico. Divided by International Avenue, the two communities are together known as Ambos Nogales (Spanish: “Both Nogales”).

60 miles
The international border between Nogales, Arizona, and neighboring Nogales, Sonora is 60 miles away, which is roughly a one-hour drive south via I-10/I-19. Drivers looking to travel deeper into Mexico beyond Nogales will need to carry a Mexico-specific auto insurance policy.

Nogales has the oldest rail crossing of any border port of entry along the U.S.-Mexico border. Since opening in 1882, the rail has served primarily mining and agricultural industries. At present, one of the most important commodities is auto manufacturing at the Ford Company in Hermosillo, Sonora. Vehicles built at the plant are shipped via rail to U.S. and Canadian markets. Rail also transports bulk commodities such as cement, and garbanzo beans. The dynamics of train crossings, and number of rail containers through the Nogales border port of entry reflect the composite effects of both trade between Mexico, Canada and the U.S., as well as between Arizona and Mexico.

I stand corrected on method of transporting Fords from Hermosillo factory to US border in AZ, not TX...

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Tom
I sent another email yesterday (replied to yours so hopefully it arrived) to confirm change to Cyber Orange FWD Lariat + Lux + copilot + Moon (but no console vault). Hopefully this can get updated before tomorrows scheduling run.
Thanks.
we twinning

Pirategrad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is Nogales in Arizona or Mexico?
Nogales, city, seat (1899) of Santa Cruz county, southern Arizona, U.S. A port of entry on the Mexican border, it adjoins Heroica Nogales in Sonora, Mexico. Divided by International Avenue, the two communities are together known as Ambos Nogales (Spanish: “Both Nogales”).

60 miles
The international border between Nogales, Arizona, and neighboring Nogales, Sonora is 60 miles away, which is roughly a one-hour drive south via I-10/I-19. Drivers looking to travel deeper into Mexico beyond Nogales will need to carry a Mexico-specific auto insurance policy.

Nogales has the oldest rail crossing of any border port of entry along the U.S.-Mexico border. Since opening in 1882, the rail has served primarily mining and agricultural industries. At present, one of the most important commodities is auto manufacturing at the Ford Company in Hermosillo, Sonora. Vehicles built at the plant are shipped via rail to U.S. and Canadian markets. Rail also transports bulk commodities such as cement, and garbanzo beans. The dynamics of train crossings, and number of rail containers through the Nogales border port of entry reflect the composite effects of both trade between Mexico, Canada and the U.S., as well as between Arizona and Mexico.

I stand corrected on method of transporting Fords from Hermosillo factory to US border in AZ, not TX...
All good, didn’t mean any disrespect. I happen to have worked with a company that gave me some interesting info on the car manufacturing logistics. Living here in Texas, I see lot of assembled vehicles and components that transit via rail between San Antonio and Laredo since the rail line parallels IH-35.

Sponsored

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello Dealerinsider do you have any Ford dealer contacts in Central Florida or any in the state of Florida to have it drop shipped?
I was forum lurking and saw this question. The Ford dealer in Ocala, FL told me they would accept drop ships from other dealers for $600 (paid up front on delivery, not a finance option). That's about 300-500 less than other companies that I was pricing out for shipping and that's what I intend to do as well. Made an account just to spread the word. Have your dealer contact Ford of Ocala to set it up.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talk with this guy below today about drop ship with him in Raleigh, NC and he will do it for $250. He said he would have to do a inspection on the vehicle per Ford to turn back into them and a NC State inspection on the vehicle to drive on the highway, they would also clean the vehicle and fill it up with gas and do a walk around with the buyer. This is all they will do for the $250, You will have to pay him this money not the dealership where you bought it from. You will buy it from the dealer that you have had it sent to them from and that dealership will do all your paper work on buying it with the tax and tag. He said you are welcome to call him if you have anymore questions about this process. I hope this helps anyone near North Carolina.

Shaun Cecil

Courtesy Delivery Manager / Inventory Control

Capital Ford of Raleigh / Capital Ford of Rocky Mt / Capital Ford Lexington

919-422-6806 - Cell

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi @Dealerinsider . I sent you a message through dm/private message/whatever it is called here on the forum. I'll follow up through email when I'm back in the office tomorrow. Any contacts to DS in TN by chance? Thanks in advance.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All good, didn’t mean any disrespect. I happen to have worked with a company that gave me some interesting info on the car manufacturing logistics. Living here in Texas, I see lot of assembled vehicles and components that transit via rail between San Antonio and Laredo since the rail line parallels IH-35.
No worries. I had a Senior moment and confused Nogales with Juarez o_O I worked for a large company back in the 1990s that had manufacturing in Juarez and engineers traveled back and forth through TX all the time. Once I saw that map on here of Northern Mex with location of Hermosillo it reinforced my memories and I never checked further. Lived in San Diego most my life and cross border trucking issues were frequently in the local news and I assumed there was no direct rail service from Hermosillo to any port of entry either. Live and learn ;)
Sponsored