First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never experienced rust, had a Bed liner on a ‘95 ranger and had from mew to 230k miles, no rust. I abused it too as a contractor. Absolutely no wear underneath
I had a 2005 F150 Lariat for 16 years (just sold it 3 months ago) with a drop in and never experienced rust. I was a home builder until I retired.
Sponsored

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I mentioned in another post I have both drop in a old ranger 4x4, loved that truck, and a F 150, the drop in was great its thick and easy to clean, but always gets water under it when you pull away you hear a slushing sound and water goes out the back. The spray in is nice to but can get scratched up if you drop heavy stuff in it and will stain and its not that easy to clean so its a toss up. Am on the fence leaning to drop in. the way to go is put the drop in over the sprayed if you have the bucks. Loved the MAVERICK ON THE DROP IN.
Darn, I really have to stop coming to this and the other maverick site lol.
I ordered an XL Hybird this past Wednesday, cut off date for 2022 hybrid orders. Got the base due to the black fabric interior, Area 51, 360, manual rear slide window, hitch, film, tail gate protection lock…AND Drop-in Bed Liner

I looked on the Ford accessory site but do not see the drop-in liner there. Wanted to see photos to confirm if one piece or two (drop-in plus tail gate piece).

Now they up and post this photo. What the heck is going on World.
1. It almost looks like a 5 piece Liner (2 sides, 1 front, 1 bottom, and 1 tail piece).
2. I get that water stay under the liner along with dirt and results in Rust down the road…so it seems.
3. Don’t Fords come with some rust warranty from the factory.
4. If one just keeps the bed liner in the bed does it matter 1, 3, 5, 10 years down the road?
5. Cannot tell though wonder if this bed liner will be slippy as all get out, meaning I would have to spend yet more $ for a bed Matt?
6. Hell, maybe I should just get the bed naked and figure out what drop in mat has that cool Maverick logo instead to put in it.
7. I also worry if the drop-in linger interferes with adding a topper later or any of the tri-fold or other covers.

I can change my order form XL to XLT today since no Vin has been assigned yet. Believe even in base XTL it comes with basic cruise control in the hybrid if I recall correctly…which is really my main reason for moving to XTL even though it won’t be a daily driver.

Last edited:

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Doug did you remove the liner and look, not saying you did have rust just saying water will lay on top of the metal bed, sound dummm but worried me.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know am alittle crazy but even if they scratched the bed putting in the drop in liner and it started rusting it would take many many years to make a difference and you would never know because its covered up. So if your keeping your truck 10,15,20 years you should worrie otherwise forget everything I said I would get the drop in. Rust warranties are around 5 to 7 years. BTW that drop in fits like a glove and not easy to get out.

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know am alittle crazy but even if they scratched the bed putting in the drop in liner and it started rusting it would take many many years to make a difference and you would never know because its covered up. So if your keeping your truck 10,15,20 years you should worrie otherwise forget everything I said I would get the drop in. Rust warranties are around 5 to 7 years. BTW that drop in fits like a glove and not easy to get out.
I like the look of the drop in. Not sure if the drop in would be the best approach in a state where the roads get salted. The idea of the water eating away at metal below might bug me more than any actual damage. How much for the dog? :)

Sponsored

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the look of the drop in. Not sure if the drop in would be the best approach in a state where the roads get salted. The idea of the water eating away at metal below might bug me more than any actual damage. How much for the dog? :)
I bet we don’t get the ‘maverick’ name on the US drop-in liners. Dog is priceless…they are never for sale by owners who love them

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doug did you remove the liner and look, not saying you did have rust just saying water will lay on top of the metal bed, sound dummm but worried me.
No, I did not remove it.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Darn, I really have to stop coming to this and the other maverick site lol.
I ordered an XL Hybird this past Wednesday, cut off date for 2022 hybrid orders. Got the base due to the black fabric interior, Area 51, 360, manual rear slide window, hitch, film, tail gate protection lock…AND Drop-in Bed Liner

I looked on the Ford accessory site but do not see the drop-in liner there. Wanted to see photos to confirm if one piece or two (drop-in plus tail gate piece).

Now they up and post this photo. What the heck is going on World.
1. It almost looks like a 5 piece Liner (2 sides, 1 front, 1 bottom, and 1 tail piece).
2. I get that water stay under the liner along with dirt and results in Rust down the road…so it seems.
3. Don’t Fords come with some rust warranty from the factory.
4. If one just keeps the bed liner in the bed does it matter 1, 3, 5, 10 years down the road?
5. Cannot tell though wonder if this bed liner will be slippy as all get out, meaning I would have to spend yet more $ for a bed Matt?
6. Hell, maybe I should just get the bed naked and figure out what drop in mat has that cool Maverick logo instead to put in it.
7. I also worry if the drop-in linger interferes with adding a topper later or any of the tri-fold or other covers.

I can change my order form XL to XLT today since no Vin has been assigned yet. Believe even in base XTL it comes with basic cruise control in the hybrid if I recall correctly…which is really my main reason for moving to XTL even though it won’t be a daily driver.
The drop in liner is not slippery until you put ArmorAll on it. Get in with Cowboy boots on you might as well just fall down.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Noticed both things from the title in this video. Seems like the first real look at the hard drop in liner.

2022 Ford Maverick Drop-in bed liner and mirror turn signals on Maverick.jpg
It’s very good for a drop-in. Beats the old drop-ins they offered for the F-150.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a 2000 Ranger (Oxford White) and 2006 Ranger (Sonic Blue IIRC). Added a drop in to both of them myself. Removed both of them later: 6 years on the White and 2 years on the Blue as it was a lease. There was absolutely NO rust on either! I'm not sure where this myth started and why it still has legs? There are drain holes in the bed for water! I carried motorcycles constantly and heavy, dirty, rough loads frequently in both. The only thing noticeable was on the White truck where there was some discoloring of the Clear coat on top of the ridges in a couple places- never down to the actual color coats. It polished right out with rubbing compound and you couldn't tell. That gave me confidence to put 1 in the lease truck. Absolutely no signs of use after 2 years on that 1 when I returned it for inspection.

Only issue I have with the drop in is the slick finish and my dirtbikes. Unloading backwards we rely on the front brake to slow descent, but front tire slips the whole way out on the slick plastic liner. I'm going factory spray in on my Maverick.

Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I never experienced rust, had a Bed liner on a ‘95 ranger and had from mew to 230k miles, no rust. I abused it too as a contractor. Absolutely no wear underneath
I had a 1993 Toyota with drop in liner for seven years, loved it and no wear or rust issues…I’d be fine with drop in.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You gain the Maverick logo and rust in the future as compared to the spray-in.
The Maverick has drain holes so any water that gets under the liner will drain away.

I never had any rust issues with my hard drop-in liner that was on my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab for 16+ years.

I even used the powerful spray wands at the self serve car washes with both soap and clear water to clean the hard drop-in liner. Again never an issue.

I loved the hard drop-in liner that was on my Ranger and initially had it on my Maverick order but removed it when I found out it would prevent me from getting scheduled because of late availability. Now that I have seen it I really want it so I will purchase it and install it after my Maverick arrives late December/Early January.

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have the Ford Part Number for ordering the Hard Drop-In Bed Liner?

Looking on the Ford Maverick Build page, the Ford Price List Sheet and the Ford Accessories Maverick List I do not see the Ford Part Number for ordering it.

Ford Maverick Drop-in bedliner and mirror turn signals on Maverick - more looks Build Option.JPG

Ford Maverick Drop-in bedliner and mirror turn signals on Maverick - more looks 96J Option.JPG

Ford Maverick Drop-in bedliner and mirror turn signals on Maverick - more looks 2022 Ford Maverick Dealer Accessories Page 1

Ford Maverick Drop-in bedliner and mirror turn signals on Maverick - more looks 2022 Ford Maverick Dealer Accessories Page 2

Ford Maverick Drop-in bedliner and mirror turn signals on Maverick - more looks 2022 Ford Maverick Dealer Accessories Page 3

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You gain the Maverick logo and rust in the future as compared to the spray-in.
My 2003 Ram had a drop-in for years. Once removed for an upgrade to spray-in, really not damaged or rusted.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet we don’t get the ‘maverick’ name on the US drop-in liners. Dog is priceless…they are never for sale by owners who love them
The website has showed Maverick name on drop-in for months now, so I would guess we will get it that way.
Sponsored