Ford Maverick 2000 mile Review

Jmsmith91

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
I've been a few trips and already put a few miles on my truck. I decided to make a couple videos instead of typing everything out lol.

Part 1 - Me talking about the truck.

Part 2 - Me walking around the truck and showing how I use it.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been a few trips and already put a few miles on my truck. I decided to make a couple videos instead of typing everything out lol.
Thanks for posting!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

Part 1 - Me talking about the truck.

Part 2 - Me walking around the truck and showing how I use it.
Looks like you are enjoying your new truck!!

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
The gauntlet had been thrown...1k miles reviews are old news, it's a race to the first 3k miles review now boys!!!

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So awesome to see a real world review. Thanks for taking the time. I just watched all of them including your offroading video. Basically exactly the type of terrain id see at worst to go hunting/mountain biking/camping/hiking. With the same tires do you think a hybrid would have had much trouble? It looked like it wouldnt just watching the video

OP
OP
Jmsmith91

Jmsmith91

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The gauntlet had been thrown...1k miles reviews are old news, it's a race to the first 3k miles review now boys!!!
I'll hit 3000 miles this afternoon lol. I've been going hunting every weekend since i got it so thats how im racking up the miles.

OP
OP
Jmsmith91

Jmsmith91

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So awesome to see a real world review. Thanks for taking the time. I just watched all of them including your offroading video. Basically exactly the type of terrain id see at worst to go hunting/mountain biking/camping/hiking. With the same tires do you think a hybrid would have had much trouble? It looked like it wouldnt just watching the video
I do. In the video its dry, and when one wheel spins with the open differential the opposite wheel doesn't do much. with the all wheel drive i at least have the rear tires to at least help me push through. when it is wet where i hunt, i wouldnt even leave the county road if all i had was front wheel drive. It's nothing ridiculous as you can see in the video, but it being wet makes things significantly more slick. Not saying it couldn't handle it, I just know personally I would not be comfortable with just front wheel drive.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do. In the video its dry, and when one wheel spins with the open differential the opposite wheel doesn't do much. with the all wheel drive i at least have the rear tires to at least help me push through. when it is wet where i hunt, i wouldnt even leave the county road if all i had was front wheel drive. It's nothing ridiculous as you can see in the video, but it being wet makes things significantly more slick. Not saying it couldn't handle it, I just know personally I would not be comfortable with just front wheel drive.
Thanks. Def not considering taking it anywhere wet or muddy. Even if it's a bit less capable than your awd it will be more than enough for my needs. We can take my one of my friends' trucks if there is snow on the ground or it's muddy for hunting. I'm lucky to have access to bigger trucks i can borrow too

OP
OP
Jmsmith91

Jmsmith91

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Def not considering taking it anywhere wet or muddy. Even if it's a bit less capable than your awd it will be more than enough for my needs. We can take my one of my friends' trucks if there is snow on the ground or it's muddy for hunting. I'm lucky to have access to bigger trucks i can borrow too
Then yeah man, you're good! everything you saw in the video is the extent of what I do. That having the potential to be wet is the main reason I went with the FX4.

fero

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 toyota taco
Then yeah man, you're good! everything you saw in the video is the extent of what I do. That having the potential to be wet is the main reason I went with the FX4.
for the cubby- a clock or compass with double sided tape
Sponsored