Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hobby: home renovations and furniture restoration

I'm getting the Maverick as a 2nd vehicle. I've had a truck in the past, and I miss it. It's an added expense and annoyance to have to rent a Uhaul to go to HomeDepot or the dump. Also, it'll be much easier to pick up pieces of furniture off the curb in a truck, rather than having to shove them in the back of a Chevy Cruze.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
Lets try it this way. I'm 74. I'm a SCUBA instructor, Diver Medic, Cave diver, and retired ER Nurse from a level 1 trauma center in a major inner city hospital. I hold 4 BS and above degrees and as I stated previously my first was Sociology. My question comes from my experience with one of my Subaru STIs. On more than one occasion when getting out of my 2010 STI in a parking lot, passers by have stated that they were surprised to see someone my age get out of the STI. So now that I have ordered a Maverick I was curious as to the demographics of Maverick owners. Will I experience the same reaction, etc? Nothing more. One poster suggested that I should have conducted a poll. Had I know how to do that I would have...I'm 74 HELLO! So if someone out there wishes to assist me, than great, I am always accepting of help. Otherwise direct the negativity elsewhere.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lets try it this way. I'm 74. I'm a SCUBA instructor, Diver Medic, Cave diver, and retired ER Nurse from a level 1 trauma center in a major inner city hospital. I hold 4 BS and above degrees and as I stated previously my first was Sociology. My question comes from my experience with one of my Subaru STIs. On more than one occasion when getting out of my 2010 STI in a parking lot, passers by have stated that they were surprised to see someone my age get out of the STI. So now that I have ordered a Maverick I was curious as to the demographics of Maverick owners. Will I experience the same reaction, etc? Nothing more. One poster suggested that I should have conducted a poll. Had I know how to do that I would have...I'm 74 HELLO! So if someone out there wishes to assist me, than great, I am always accepting of help. Otherwise direct the negativity elsewhere.
Sorry, I know nothing of how to do a poll,

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats ok. Some might want to answer, but for me people already know where members live so asking age and occupation is more intrusive for personal safety.
Ok great...thats a piece of information I was unaware of. THANKS. I appreciate your information!

Sponsored

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 54. I work at a small family manufacturing business. The Maverick is the truck that I have been saying they should build for years. I've had large trucks in the past and miss the utility. I'm not interested, however, in 15 mpg vehicles as I drive quite a bit. I'm also hoping to retire, so spending 50-60k on a big truck doesn't work for me. So, here I am... on a Monday morning looking for any little piece of information that I can consume to give me hope that I will see my new truck before the leaves are falling next year. I went into this thinking I'm a patient person, but, turns out, not so much...

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am 22 years old and a chip n dales dancer......
I also am a veteran...Vietnam...and also have been "shot at and missed and @#$% at and hit" Thank you for your service!!!! Sorry though, I can't match the dancer thing, although my mother was a ballet teacher:cool:

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be interest to know members age and occupation.
I passed 30 many moons ago. And I occupy myself with many things. One of them is checking this site hoping to hear good news about our orders. :)

Sponsored

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a 38 year old mechanic with 22 years experience, first 11 years was Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, Bentley and Rolls Royce, last 11 years doing vintage Mercedes benz.
Oh I soooo want a Bentley!!!!!

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 54. I work at a small family manufacturing business. The Maverick is the truck that I have been saying they should build for years. I've had large trucks in the past and miss the utility. I'm not interested, however, in 15 mpg vehicles as I drive quite a bit. I'm also hoping to retire, so spending 50-60k on a big truck doesn't work for me. So, here I am... on a Monday morning looking for any little piece of information that I can consume to give me hope that I will see my new truck before the leaves are falling next year. I went into this thinking I'm a patient person, but, turns out, not so much...
"Hope springs eternal" ?????

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aimed at no one in particular but the snowflakes have made a mess of social media and the sharing of information.

Literally everything seems to offend someone.
As I have unfortunately discovered...Thanks for the reply!

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no problem with this, a bunch of you give out more information online than how old are you and what do you do for a living.

Occupation: Manage and oversee operations of a marina part time, own several rentals the other part of my time

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no problem with this, a bunch of you give out more information online than how old are you and what do you do for a living.

Occupation: Manage and oversee operations of a marina part time, own several rentals the other part of my time
Thanks!!!! Love your truck. Waiting for my A51 to come
Sponsored