Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Retired USArmy (25years)
Retired State Employee (Tennessee 20 years)

Sponsored

TheDadJokes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2021 Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy, y’all! I’m 38 and just bought a Red LXT Hybrid and love it. Have had it for about 5 weeks now. I’m an Electrician by trade. Dad of 3. Currently in San Antonio.

SVTRIDE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Retired, automotive seating Engineer, 12 years with JCI and then 8 years at Ford. Started out as an aircraft mechanic

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Retired, automotive seating Engineer, 12 years with JCI and then 8 years at Ford. Started out as an aircraft mechanic
Since you’re a retired seating engineer have you done any mods to seats in the Mav? I’d like to convert to power passenger seat. My wife likes to recline back on long trips and catch a few winks. Also like to change out all the middle seat belt equipment on the back seat. I keep it flipped upmost of the time so we can use the bins for carrying groceries and when I flip it down so someone to sit I always have to spend 5-10 minutes to fish them out from under the seat as they flopped through the gap between the bottom and back when bottom is raised up. Any ideas would be appreciated.

SVTRIDE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since you’re a retired seating engineer have you done any mods to seats in the Mav? I’d like to convert to power passenger seat. My wife likes to recline back on long trips and catch a few winks. Also like to change out all the middle seat belt equipment on the back seat. I keep it flipped upmost of the time so we can use the bins for carrying groceries and when I flip it down so someone to sit I always have to spend 5-10 minutes to fish them out from under the seat as they flopped through the gap between the bottom and back when bottom is raised up. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I have not YET done any mods to the Mav seats. I do plan to add power tilt feature to the drivers power seat. Currently the Mav driver (XLT anyway) has what is called a 6 way power adjuster. Pwr fore-aft, lift (rear up/dwn), recline. My last Focus (RS), I took the tilt components from a higher level driver seat (Explorer, Edge, F-Series) along with the side trim panel that contains the seat adjustment switch pack and built it into stock seat adjuster to give me front up/dwn tilt adjustability. Making it now an 8-way power adjuster. The 1st row seat structures are very modular so parts from other seats of similar generation seat structures can be bolted in. To an extent.

The Mav passenger, my XLT, is a 4 way manual cushion adjuster, with manual recline. To add a power adjuster to the Mav passenger position, which I believe never came with a power passenger seat, will be the challenge. The critical issue is the mounting feet to floor attachment. The mounting feet (typically 4) are unique to each vehicle (due to the contour of the floor structure and other variables) and sometimes driver to passenger position. So taking a power seat adjuster (no foam or trim) from say an Explorer or F-150 would not bolt up to the Mav floor attach points. The mounting feet are laser welded directly to the lower seat track rail. As it is, there're typically is no dimensional differences from a power seat and a manual seat from an occupant fit perspective. The seat pan/suspension and seat back frame are Identical, seat and back cushion foam are typically the same, trim covers typically the same. Difference is the hard-trim (plastic) cushion side panel, recliner covers/ handle and cushion height adjuster handle.
Other than having the seat adjustments motorized, from an occupant comfort perspective, there really is no difference in occupant comfort.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not YET done any mods to the Mav seats. I do plan to add power tilt feature to the drivers power seat. Currently the Mav driver (XLT anyway) has what is called a 6 way power adjuster. Pwr fore-aft, lift (rear up/dwn), recline. My last Focus (RS), I took the tilt components from a higher level driver seat (Explorer, Edge, F-Series) along with the side trim panel that contains the seat adjustment switch pack and built it into stock seat adjuster to give me front up/dwn tilt adjustability. Making it now an 8-way power adjuster. The 1st row seat structures are very modular so parts from other seats of similar generation seat structures can be bolted in. To an extent.

The Mav passenger, my XLT, is a 4 way manual cushion adjuster, with manual recline. To add a power adjuster to the Mav passenger position, which I believe never came with a power passenger seat, will be the challenge. The critical issue is the mounting feet to floor attachment. The mounting feet (typically 4) are unique to each vehicle (due to the contour of the floor structure and other variables) and sometimes driver to passenger position. So taking a power seat adjuster (no foam or trim) from say an Explorer or F-150 would not bolt up to the Mav floor attach points. The mounting feet are laser welded directly to the lower seat track rail. As it is, there're typically is no dimensional differences from a power seat and a manual seat from an occupant fit perspective. The seat pan/suspension and seat back frame are Identical, seat and back cushion foam are typically the same, trim covers typically the same. Difference is the hard-trim (plastic) cushion side panel, recliner covers/ handle and cushion height adjuster handle.
Other than having the seat adjustments motorized, from an occupant comfort perspective, there really is no difference in occupant comfort.
I’ve a lariat so already have the power drivers seat. I’m thinking maybe a power passenger seat out of an escape or bronco sport might be a good candidate.

Tremor1942

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
44 manager at a f500 company. owning a maverick lets me live car payment free in this insane new world we live in.

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
39 disabled vet I work part time locally at the hospital as a biomedical technician.