First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I've been meaning to tell my salesman that when mine comes in, I don't want anyone test driving it except possibly an employee in his official duties moving it around the lot ! Enough to give me nightmares ;)
Sponsored

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they want to test drive one, let them wait over 5 months like I have had to do!

Kmbales

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid on order, Nissan versa hatchback
ordered June 8th, cash deposit at dealer June 10th. My bronco arrived Oct 28th. :)

AMBbronco.jpg
Wish I had known about the Mavs earlier. I also wish I had reserved mine as soon as I was sure I wanted it and had the money in line to pay for it. Instead I waited until I had the cash in hand (I refinanced and got cash out, my mortgage actually is lower with a better rate). I assumed you put the whole cost of the vehicle down, not having bought a new car before or doing any research into the process. Grateful to my coworker who told me about the maverick in the first place.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Overall a great and positive review. Another YT channel explained the Ford specifically targeted Honda Civic buyers for the hybrid. It is also the reason I wanted and reserved a hybrid. I was looking at Civics, Corolla /Camry hybrids as my next commuter car. The advantage is having truck like capability as well
I had a 1991 Honda Civic and a 2006 Honda Civic Si. Both were awesome cars. Good value and the Si was the funnest car I ever owned. I honestly think about both often.

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I've been meaning to tell my salesman that when mine comes in, I don't want anyone test driving it except possibly an employee in his official duties moving it around the lot ! Enough to give me nightmares ;)
The salesman used a similar thought to convince my wife to buy the Acura and put a down payment down because otherwise, someone else may drive it.

On the other hand, I think there are some hybrid stock units being sent out. I recall someone mentioning some of them being distributed as a reward for passing some audits or good sales numbers.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Overall a great and positive review. Another YT channel explained the Ford specifically targeted Honda Civic buyers for the hybrid. It is also the reason I wanted and reserved a hybrid. I was looking at Civics, Corolla /Camry hybrids as my next commuter car. The advantage is having truck like capability as well
Well it worked, because I’ve had 3 civics, an accord, and 2 honda Fits.
The Maverick hybrid will be my first Ford, but not my first truck.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking this exact same thing.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the reasons I ordered and waited for the hybrid....it is now less than 100 miles from me and waiting to be loaded on a truck to arrive at my Michigan dealer... :)
Happy for you - good luck - Mine is scheduled for production 12/20 ;-)

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s my exact build!!! I can’t wait to get it hopefully only a few more months 😂

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read that first as "When did you deserve yours?" Right? I mean what do we have to do for a nice little truck in this era?
I hope buy Summer we see Mavericks everywhere. These should be very popular. It's incredible that this vehicle has the right mix of features, and reasonable price. Other car makers have to take note. This is what some people want and most companies need. It's a rare value in today's world.

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it worked, because I’ve had 3 civics, an accord, and 2 honda Fits.
The Maverick hybrid will be my first Ford, but not my first truck.
Same here. First Ford and first truck. Trading ti. The CR-V.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Lamborghini or Ferrari could easily manoeuvre in that parking lot….melting snow on pavement…put that much snow on a snow packed road at 0 degrees and try again

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couple things here, first, a tech is going to drive it when it arrives. If they hear anything, they are going to repair and drive it some more. You want that bit of mileage. That and well, who smokes anymore?
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid Short Drive Overview 2936C06D-4BD2-49D4-92CE-76578D554144
Sponsored