Sponsored

Why I love my Maverick

sforzando

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Nov 27, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
50
Reaction score
110
Location
Central Coast, California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before purchasing my Maverick last November, I had always owned F150's. I wasn't sure how the transition would go--moving from a larger truck to a smaller one, but today I fell in love with my Maverick. The past three days I had been removing old termite-infested wooden fencing in my back yard. After completing the job yesterday, I spent an hour plus removing all the nails from the pickets, rails, and posts so I could fit the wood into the Maverick's bed with the least amount of wasted space. I left the tailgate open, strapped everything down in the bed, and closed my tri-fold hard tonneau cover. As I drove up to the worker in the glass booth at the landfill, I saw that the dumping cost had now risen to $50. Sheesh, the last time I visited the dumps with my F150, the cost had been $26. The lady said, "What do you have?" I replied, "I have some wood from a fence." She looked at the closed bed and said, "You have a fence back in that little thing?" "Yes." "That's not much at all. You can go ahead. Have a nice day." Wow, saved $50 because of my Maverick. Love this truck.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

Prickly Pear

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
666
Reaction score
1,267
Location
Pacific Northwest
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT CG, 92 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I "loaded" (if loaded is the right term) my bed with trimmings from all my apple trees. I could have cut them down and stuffed them in the yard waste bucket but that would have taken as long as the trimming did. Drove them to the local composter and the guy at the scales just laughed at me and waived me on by!
 
 







Top