Sponsored

Where to buy in Bay area?

Jun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown victoria
I’m currently in San Francisco area and looking to buy Maverick someday soon(no need to hurry though).

So which dealership is the best choice for now? Or just walk in any close by?
Never purchased new vehicle before so bit confused about ford.com direct order and dealership visit. Any differences?
Sponsored

Last edited:

lanslide

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin Levesque
Threads
Reaction score
Website
klphotos.zenfolio.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat, Scrambler 1200XC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one ordered with Walnut Creek Ford. They do not charge a dealer markup on vehicle orders or in-stock vehicles. Most other dealers in the Bay Area seem to be adding a dealer mark up to most in-stock vehicles.

advhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Triumph Street Twin, BMW G650 X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have 6 months or so, call up a dealer and place an order with them. Pick one which will not do markup on orders. Walnut Creek Ford is one of those.

Ford Store Morgan Hill is doing no markup. You’ll need to place an order or get on a long wait list for incoming vehicles since many of the incoming ones there already have deposits.

Placing an order means you get exactly the vehicle you want. But it will take several months to build, probably around 6 months or so. You can place an order with a dealer over the phone or by email. Ford Store Morgan Hill required a $500 refundable deposit for taking an order.

You can no longer order a hybrid Maverick for model year 2022. Orders for hybrids are closed until next summer. If you want a hybrid, your best bet would be to call a no markup dealer and get on a wait list for custom orders which are refused.

You can also buy them off the lot. But you will pay over MSRP and they don’t stay on the lot long. Sunnyvale Ford sold me one for $1500 over MSRP. I heard Capitol Ford and at least one other SFBA dealer was doing $1500 over after negotiating. Some dealers I called would not budge below $2500 over. The asking price will be much higher.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m currently in San Francisco area and looking to buy Maverick someday soon(no need to hurry though).

So which dealership is the best choice for now? Or just walk in any close by?
Never purchased new vehicle before so bit confused about ford.com direct order and dealership visit. Any differences?
[/QUOTE]

I wanted to give a shout out to San Leandro Ford my salesperson Jasmine Adkins did an excellent job they honored my X plan pricing. She called me the morning that it was delivered I sent over some paperwork so that she could start the finance paperwork and from when I walked into the delivery dealership to when I was driving away in my truck took only one hour. No surprises, no high pressure sales in the finance office. I'm totally a happy customer. San Leandro Ford had some pretty hefty markups on the truck they had on the lot but if you call and ask to speak with Jasmine in the internet sales you can place your order without any markup.

** I should note that I ordered my truck on June 11th so did take 6 months to get here
Sponsored