What is up with Ford?

NewFordFan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 F150; 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
Calm down. I ordered on June 19. Got a confirmation email for my XLT Cactus Grey with Copilot360 and rear slider. Then nothing since then mine hasn’t even been pulled to be built or a VIN created.
At least you got something from FORD. I placed my order on June 17th and all I have so far is a piece of paper from the dealer. No emails...NO nothing
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it's B.S. that we don't heard anything from Ford after our confirmation email. You would think every week or even once a month they would send something to let us know they're still in business. A newsletter, a coupon for something, even junk mail! Absolutely crickets.
My point exactly
I know a lot of people ordered the hybrid and if it's hung up for whatever reason I would like to think they'd at the very least put out a press release about it if not emailing there costumers directly.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ha! Y’all got confirmation emails? I just framed my DORA and hung it on the wall next to a wooden plank I got on Etsy that says “persistence”.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least you got something from FORD. I placed my order on June 17th and all I have so far is a piece of paper from the dealer. No emails...NO nothing
I would contact the dealer. Did you go to them and give them your license? They need it to get the order submitted. I just got this email from them. Doesn’t sound like I’m getting mine this year.
Ford Maverick What is up with Ford? A38B7189-2045-45D8-BB91-A1A69644CA90
Ford Maverick What is up with Ford? 8335A783-D4B5-473C-A384-E56BE4045DE2

NewFordFan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 F150; 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
I would contact the dealer. Did you go to them and give them your license? They need it to get the order submitted. I just got this email from them. Doesn’t sound like I’m getting mine this year.
A38B7189-2045-45D8-BB91-A1A69644CA90.jpeg
8335A783-D4B5-473C-A384-E56BE4045DE2.jpeg
I contacted the Maverick marketing team and they confirmed my order but said it was still in processing and that I'll take possession sometime next year, and I've received the same email from Ford.

Sponsored

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Heck I hear from Ford every two weeks, yep they send me an email telling me my build week has been set back another week. 11/15 then 11/22 then to 11/29. Hopefully they will stop communicating with me. Update got another email after posting the first part I am now back to 12/6.

Last edited:

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you want answers from Ford, but it is your dealer who owes you communication. Ford is not allowed by law to sell you a vehicle. They sell to dealers and dealers sell to you. They don't make a vehicle to your specs because you ordered one, they make one because a dealer put in an order at your request. It's a stupid, obsolete system, but welcome to America. Until you actually own the car, you have no relationship at all with Ford and any communication they give you is a courtesy. Meanwhile, you have a deal with your dealer and may have even given them money. It's their job to keep you up-to-date on what is happening. Chances are they do a terrible job of it (I hate the dealer system) but they are the ones who made a promise directly to you and it is their responsibility to manage the relationship with Ford.

Personally I wish Ford would send me a lot more direct updates and bypass the dealers more, but under the American system their relationship is with the dealer and not with me until I drive away with the vehicle, and even then my interactions with Ford will be through a dealer. I feel entitled to complain, but I also recognize that Ford doesn't actually owe me anything. If I could order a vehicle directly from the factory, then it would be different. As it stands, the dealer mostly stands in the way at every step of the process, but they are the ones who took my deposit and promised me a truck.
My dealer says Ford is not communicating with them either. Henry is rolling over in his grave over what has happened to his company.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer says Ford is not communicating with them either. Henry is rolling over in his grave over what has happened to his company.
News flash no one at Ford cares.

There is a small segment of employees that make it happen. The rest watch and wonder what happened. Trust me on this.
Sponsored