Sponsored

What doublesided tape works on the dash?

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know what doublesided tape works on the dash? i have a magnetic phone mount that sticks to the dash but niether the factory, gorilla, foam or 3m double sided tape stick to it. it just peels right off.
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3M VHF should adhere about anything, but I am not sure about with the Sun. I have a Spigen dash mount that is sticky + suction and it has stayed put in the South Texas sun.

Edit 3m VHB* Fat Fingers haha

Last edited:

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3M VHF should adhere about anything, but I am not sure about with the Sun. I have a Spigen dash mount that is sticky + suction and it has stayed put in the South Texas sun.
You mean 3M VHB tape? That stuff will stick, but it will also never come off, not without extreme actions.

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use this tape regularly and so I wondered if it would work when I put a small 3D printed pot above the touchscreen. I mounted it back in the winter and it hasn't moved a bit, even in the warm summer sun.

Ford Maverick What doublesided tape works on the dash? Red Plant 2.14.22 2000px

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You mean 3M VHB tape? That stuff will stick, but it will also never come off, not without extreme actions.

Fat fingers strike! Well, it would stay put right ? haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
crashdumie

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info. I will give the 3M VHB tape a try. hopefully it works. If for some reason that does not work, I will go for the Cubby phone mount.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just tried that 3M VHB - Would not stick at all to the dead/foot rest even with a heat gun. Gorilla tape has failed.

OP
OP
crashdumie

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just tried that 3M VHB - Would not stick at all to the dead/foot rest even with a heat gun. Gorilla tape has failed.
I wonder what type of plastics they use in the Mavs that are so Anti-Stick. My Gorilla Double-sided tape worked great on my 2020 Escape dash. I had the mount on next to the infotainment screen for over a year.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder what type of plastics they use in the Mavs that are so Anti-Stick. My Gorilla Double-sided tape worked great on my 2020 Escape dash. I had the mount on next to the infotainment screen for over a year.
Dunno. Assuming PDI tech didn't bathe the plastics in armor all. Not sure what to do at this point.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Afraid to put any tape of tape on the dash, just in case I have to remove it an it leaves a mark on my dash. I use a cup holder device to hold my phone. It works great, but I have to remove it if 2 people have drinks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
crashdumie

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Afraid to put any tape of tape on the dash, just in case I have to remove it an it leaves a mark on my dash. I use a cup holder device to hold my phone. It works great, but I have to remove it if 2 people have drinks.
well, if that is the case I can just put the phone in the wireless charging area made for the phone.
I mount the phone on the dash for GPS, I like to listen to audiobooks through an earbud, so no one else in the car has to listen to the book. I can't plug my phone into the car for the GPS display, or else it plays the audiobook through the car and I haven't figured out how to get it back to Bluetooth earbud while it is plugged into android auto.
also, my daughter likes to video chat with me. so mounting the phone there give her a view of me while I am driving without having to have the phone in my hand.

also, as I said, I had gorilla tape in my Escape, I pulled it off slowly before it traded it in, it left no marks.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Thanks for the info. I will give the 3M VHB tape a try. hopefully it works. If for some reason that does not work, I will go for the Cubby phone mount.
That’s what I did…..the cubby mount with 3M tape…..so when it does get removed any damage will be (mostly) hidden. The various dash surfaces are a real b**** to get anything to stick to that you might actually want to remove some day.
Sponsored