Sponsored

What does all those cubbies and storages designed for?

dearbulls

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried to google online or search the forum. I cannot seem to find an answer.
I've only remembered when TFL did a video before the first year Mav. The Ford guys talked about their design for storage on the inside, such as bottle holder on doors, place for multi tools, etc. But I cannot seem to find them in writing, nor could I find any size guide.
Sponsored

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford did not come out right with their intentions for most cubby spaces. We know the lower one in front of the shifter is for your phone since they have a wireless charging pad once you get to the lariat trim. The door is supposed to have an area for a water bottle, but only a few sizes and brands fit. The cubby behind the shifter is for whatever you think of, along with the tray in the console. As for the cubby up by the screen, Ford never implied their intentions; most people put figurines or 3d printed phone mounts or cubby baskets.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah no guides exist. But any slim water bottle fits in the doors. Coke cans fit in the forward door bit. 2 phones or small tablets fit in front of the shifter aswell as cords and candy sized things all at the same time. The tray above the screen is good for dash tickets, 2nd set of sunglasses, cards, wallets, and such. Hats fit over the tray aswell. The screen cubby is good for mounts, display trinkets, or the common low income american workers smokes and lighter( i dont smoke but have rode in anough fleet and contractor trucks to know this is what its for). The slots behind the cup holders are for change and small drop items like sauce packets or small nuggets. The larger tray in front of the arm rest is for shared french fries. The rear doors hold water bottles and canned drinks. The area behind the front door bottle slot is for stashing hidden items behind said water bottle. Cleaning rags and wipes and such also fit nicely in all the doors. The slot on either side of the rear seat is perfect for cleaning product bottles and such.

Might have missed a couple. Key point is live you life and bring the things you want. You will most likely have place for them. Behind and under the rear seat is also a huge amount of storage.

Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I tried to google online or search the forum. I cannot seem to find an answer.
I've only remembered when TFL did a video before the first year Mav. The Ford guys talked about their design for storage on the inside, such as bottle holder on doors, place for multi tools, etc. But I cannot seem to find them in writing, nor could I find any size guide.
The cubby hole is for dogs.šŸ˜Ž

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? IMG_0115

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah no guides exist. But any slim water bottle fits in the doors. Coke cans fit in the forward door bit. 2 phones or small tablets fit in front of the shifter aswell as cords and candy sized things all at the same time. The tray above the screen is good for dash tickets, 2nd set of sunglasses, cards, wallets, and such. Hats fit over the tray aswell. The screen cubby is good for mounts, display trinkets, or the common low income american workers smokes and lighter( i dont smoke but have rode in anough fleet and contractor trucks to know this is what its for). The slots behind the cup holders are for change and small drop items like sauce packets or small nuggets. The larger tray in front of the arm rest is for shared french fries. The rear doors hold water bottles and canned drinks. The area behind the front door bottle slot is for stashing hidden items behind said water bottle. Cleaning rags and wipes and such also fit nicely in all the doors. The slot on either side of the rear seat is perfect for cleaning product bottles and such.

Might have missed a couple. Key point is live you life and bring the things you want. You will most likely have place for them. Behind and under the rear seat is also a huge amount of storage.
The cubby hole is for dogs.

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? 1707167324321

likeparty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought a tray for the center console. Worked out great...added functionality and kept little things from dropping to the bottom of the large bin. Here's the Amazon description...it was about $10, totally worth it. "EDBETOS Center Console Organizer Tray Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 2024 Accessories P758 Pickup Interior Secondary Armrest Storage Glove Box Divider ABS Material, Red Trim". The organizer for the glove box was a total waste and returned.

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? Tray pic

Sponsored

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought a tray for the center console. Worked out great...added functionality and kept little things from dropping to the bottom of the large bin. Here's the Amazon description...it was about $10, totally worth it. "EDBETOS Center Console Organizer Tray Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 2024 Accessories P758 Pickup Interior Secondary Armrest Storage Glove Box Divider ABS Material, Red Trim". The organizer for the glove box was a total waste and returned.

Tray pic.jpg
I got one like this and it is one of my favorite mods.

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screen cubby is for your mini corgi.

PXL_20240130_200753573.jpg
Mine is ā€œMervin the Maverickā€. Mervin was my fatherā€™s middle name, I I used part of what he left me to buy this truck!

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? IMG_2569

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? IMG_2552

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? IMG_2568

Ford Maverick What does all those cubbies and storages designed for? IMG_2568

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine is ā€œMervin the Maverickā€. Mervin was my fatherā€™s middle name, I I used part of what he left me to buy this truck!

IMG_2569.jpeg

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg
Where's the "Ka-boom!!"? Its supposed to go "Ka-Boom!!"...............

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am so sorry!
I didnā€™t mean to post pictures of our dogs, but I donā€™t know how to get rid of them!

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use the little cubby by the screen to hold one of those "purse packs" of tissues, and napkins, etc.

Easy to find if you need one due to a spill, etc.
Sponsored