First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only APPS I can add and use are SiriusXM, Maps, Waze, Google Maps, and my Calendar. I have tried other APPS like the Weather Channel and Weather Radar. Has any one broke the code for using APPS from your I phone on the in cabin screen. We do not have any 10 year old's in my neighbor hood so technical support is a ways off. I have a Lariat with the Lux Pkg. Please help if you can. I have tried the recommendations in the owners manual without success. Am I looking for the impossible. Thanks
Sponsored

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only APPS I can add and use are SiriusXM, Maps, Waze, Google Maps, and my Calendar. I have tried other APPS like the Weather Channel and Weather Radar. Has any one broke the code for using APPS from your I phone on the in cabin screen. We do not have any 10 year old's in my neighbor hood so technical support is a ways off. I have a Lariat with the Lux Pkg. Please help if you can. I have tried the recommendations in the owners manual without success. Am I looking for the impossible. Thanks
Joe, there's many apps in the Apple Store and Google Play that cannot play when using Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This is done for safety reasons, so people aren't distracted by watching videos, etc., while driving. I think it's to eliminate liability concerns for the software developers. The ones you are trying to use may be restricted, in this way. Someone may have a work-around for it, but they'll have to chime in with their expertise.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, want to watch Disney+ as well, but video/ picture based interfaces aren’t supported.

OP
OP
Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Joe, there's many apps in the Apple Store and Google Play that cannot play when using Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This is done for safety reasons, so people aren't distracted by watching videos, etc., while driving. I think it's to eliminate liability concerns for the software developers. The ones you are trying to use may be restricted, in this way. Someone may have a work-around for it, but they'll have to chime in with their expertise.
Thanks, I do agree with the safety issue. Is there a way in the APP store to find the APPS that will work. I am trying to delete the I Pad when traveling.

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I do agree with the safety issue. Is there a way in the APP store to find the APPS that will work. I am trying to delete the I Pad when traveling.
Just Google "Apple CarPlay compatible apps". It should provide a list. I use Android and can go to the Google Play store and type in "Android Auto" and compatible apps will come up. You may be able to type in "Apple CarPlay" on the Apple App store and get those compatible apps, as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I received a lot of good advice and searched the Apple APPs and found Weatherology and it appears to work (talk only no graphics will have to pick up phone). I will have to wait for a road trip to see if it adjust as I move down the road. I used Waze before for traffic and it appears to work ion the Maverick.
Sponsored