First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was a bit tricky to connect the wiring being it was such a tight space for big hands behind the taillight however plenty of room for the wiring to fit, Now we have a dry box charging station for battery packs while camping. It's a nice add the the power converter on the other side of the truck. Just requires a 1" 1/8 hole saw and some simple socket bits... not sure all the sizes. Charging station was purchased on Amazon watch the YouTube videos for connections as the diagram that came with mine was incorrect. Good luck fellas and have fun modding

Ford Maverick Usb outlets / drybox 20220713_064927
Sponsored

OCasey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT Cactus Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was a bit tricky to connect the wiring being it was such a tight space for big hands behind the taillight however plenty of room for the wiring to fit, Now we have a dry box charging station for battery packs while camping. It's a nice add the the power converter on the other side of the truck. Just requires a 1" 1/8 hole saw and some simple socket bits... not sure all the sizes. Charging station was purchased on Amazon watch the YouTube videos for connections as the diagram that came with mine was incorrect. Good luck fellas and have fun modding

20220713_064927.jpg
That is a good looking install, I like the thinking on a "dry box" charging location. The only thing is, I can't visualize where on the truck this is. Do you have a wider photo?

Can you tell I don't have my truck yet? Otherwise I would just go outside to look. :)

Cheers

OP
OP
Stitchy

Stitchy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have another pic at the moment,but it's in the truck bed on the passenger side. Behind the taillight. There's a dry box storage there. The other side has a false panel you can also install on only is fully exposed the the weather. Not really a big as these plugs are for outdoors ,but is much nicer inside the box. Now each truck may be different depending on what packages you order. I have the Fx4 lariat

OCasey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT Cactus Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have another pic at the moment,but it's in the truck bed on the passenger side. Behind the taillight. There's a dry box storage there. The other side has a false panel you can also install on only is fully exposed the the weather. Not really a big as these plugs are for outdoors ,but is much nicer inside the box. Now each truck may be different depending on what packages you order. I have the Fx4 lariat
Thanks, I appreciate it, I'll take a look once my truck gets here. Cheers

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks really good! But one question, why didn't you put it on the opposite side of the storage compartment. So you can see what you're plugging in when you're by the tailgate. Was there not enough room between the wheel well and the compartment.

Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the "drybox storage" is the Ford OEM bed cubby that they sell as Accessories or as add-in on a factory order.

That's also where I installed some USB ports, will likely install a 1000w inverter and run a line for 120v to the same cubby.

The box isn't necessarilty waterproofed, there's a few openings for draining and the plastic lock itself but I haven't found water in there, hasn't been in rain much tho.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks really good! But one question, why didn't you put it on the opposite side of the storage compartment. So you can see what you're plugging in when you're by the tailgate. Was there not enough room between the wheel well and the compartment.
It's really a bit tight once the cubby is in, not much of a way to get to the rear of the cubby without coming from below and even then its an odd angle. Plenty of room in the bed side panels though.

OP
OP
Stitchy

Stitchy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would've been better however you can't reinstall the drybox with the connectors in place , it won't fit through the opening. Unfortunately.... so the only way to install it easily was to put it on this side so you access the rear panel to secure the connectors through the opening of the taillight once removed. It was the only sacrifice lol but the connections are pretty simple to plug into without seeing.
Sponsored