athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any suggestions out there for playable usb drives that work well with the Mav’s system? Because I’m somewhat old, I miss my cd’s, but haven’t found a cd player that works as well as I suspect the usb would. Little help?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
skip the generic chinese ones, I've had good luck with the scandisk chinese ones 🥴

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
skip the generic chinese ones, I've had good luck with the scandisk chinese ones 🥴
Is that a Chinese knockoff of SanDisk, a division of Western Digital? ;)

A decent name brand like SanDisk should do you well, make sure you choose one large enough to store your library on.

Their Ultra Fit line are small which is nice for staying out of the way in a vehicle, though some do complain they run hot. Basically, it's so small there's not enough room to disperse the heat so it does get warm. The trade-offs we make!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07855LJ99

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that a Chinese knockoff of SanDisk, a division of Western Digital? ;)

A decent name brand like SanDisk should do you well, make sure you choose one large enough to store your library on.

Their Ultra Fit line are small which is nice for staying out of the way in a vehicle, though some do complain they run hot. Basically, it's so small there's not enough room to disperse the heat so it does get warm. The trade-offs we make!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07855LJ99
sorry I misspoke, malaysian scandisk, cruzer glide to be specific

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007YX9OGW/ref=twister_B0BNPCDBNF?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
sorry I misspoke, malaysian scandisk, cruzer glide to be specific
It was just a slight correction - you keep saying scandisk, it's SanDisk, no c :)

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SanDisk is what I have been using..:cool:

Mine says... "MADE IN MALAYSIA" :p

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just loaded up a USB stick last week and plugged it into our XLT. After years of making CDs to use in our cars, this is new to us.

But it works great, and we have almost 3,000 songs on this one stick, which is amazing. Most of the music came tagged with artist and song name, so that shows up on the screen.

We do need to get the music sorted out into folders by artist and/or music type, though, as it’s not very organized.

But still —- a great feature!

Oh, and sorry, but I don’t remember what brand or capacity this USB stick is. Will look at it tomorrow in the truck.

Last edited:

Slick-rides

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another old guy here who is making the switch to a usb drive. I bought this Samsung.

Last edited:
OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks all for the suggestions and questions.

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went through some old hard drives, created four folders of different genres of music I enjoy! Uploaded a couple of thousand songs. Took about 30 seconds for the Maverick to recognize and organize its thoughts. Flash drive popped up in the menu and works perfectly! I have typically streamed music but this gives me a local option that doesn’t rely on cell signal. A lot of places in western NC have terrible signal, this solves a number of issues for me!

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 15+ years of using dozens and dozens of USB flash drives, the only brands I will buy now are Samsung and/or SanDisk. I've had failures from just about every other brand including PNY, Kingston, Crucial, Centon, etc.

Surprisingly, the free ones I get from Microcenter occasionally have worked better than most.

Slick-rides

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went through some old hard drives, created four folders of different genres of music I enjoy! Uploaded a couple of thousand songs. Took about 30 seconds for the Maverick to recognize and organize its thoughts. Flash drive popped up in the menu and works perfectly! I have typically streamed music but this gives me a local option that doesn’t rely on cell signal. A lot of places in western NC have terrible signal, this solves a number of issues for me!
My Maverick doesn't show the folders on the USB drive. It just puts all the songs on one huge list. Am I doing something wrong or is that how it is? Would be nice if I could go to a certain folder instead of looking through a huge list of songs.

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick doesn't show the folders on the USB drive. It just puts all the songs on one huge list. Am I doing something wrong or is that how it is? Would be nice if I could go to a certain folder instead of looking through a huge list of songs.
Yes I had the same experience actually! You need to select the “Browse” button. It will open the drive and allow you to select based upon Metadata (artist, name, genre) or by folders!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This one works great and barely sticks out.
Ford Maverick USB Drives for Music…Suggestions? 5B210538-EFA7-44C9-8110-F7DFDD7FE51A
Sponsored