Sponsored

Under Seat Storage Safe - impressions / reviews?

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
https://accessories.ford.com/products/super-duty-2022-rear-floor-console-vault-in-vehicle-safe

I'm curious what peoples opinion of this safe is. I know the console safe is popular with gun owners, but I never carry a gun with me in the car. I do, however, sometimes carry small electronics (laptops, hard drives, usbs) worth thousands and containing sensitive material (I work Cybersecurity/IT at a health center). I'm wondering if anyone with a maverick thinks that a 15" laptop could fit in this safe, given that there will be less space once you account for the steel walls of the safe. Mine is supposed to arrive sometime this week but my dealer hasn't been the best with communication, so like many of you I'm stuck perusing the forum while I wait.

Also, would anyone else prefer this safe over the console safe or is it just me?
Sponsored

Aminal

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have an answer, so apologies, but this got me thinking it would be nice to have a pair of padlock brackets attached to the seat and underseat storage, so you could lock the whole back seat down.

Would solve your issue and also not cost $450.

It's all plastic down there unfortunately, so probably not a realistic option, but it would be nice.

OP
OP
Pelster94

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I don't have an answer, so apologies, but this got me thinking it would be nice to have a pair of padlock brackets attached to the seat and underseat storage, so you could lock the whole back seat down.

It's all plastic down there unfortunately, so probably not a realistic option, but it would be nice.
I like this idea, just wish I had my maverick so I could realistically explore how to make this a reality.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Would be similar to a locking console, a little bit of security but not much.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Is the glove box lockable on the Maverick? I don't see a key hole on any of the interior pictures so if you wanted to lock your firearm (or anything) the console vault seems like your only option. Judging by the size of the opening and other pictures of how deep those storage sections are under the seat, it doesn't look like you'll have enough room to squeeze a laptop in there.

Seeing how you have to pull a strap to release the under seat storage, I don't know how you would be able to lock it but that sure is a good idea if it can be done.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Says it’s for a 2022 Super Duty. Will it even fit a Maverick?

OP
OP
Pelster94

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Says it’s for a 2022 Super Duty. Will it even fit a Maverick?
I believe the name of the safe is the "Super Duty Rear Floor Console Vault". In the pictures you can tell its a maverick due to the FITS system.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the glove box lockable on the Maverick? I don't see a key hole on any of the interior pictures so if you wanted to lock your firearm (or anything) the console vault seems like your only option. Judging by the size of the opening and other pictures of how deep those storage sections are under the seat, it doesn't look like you'll have enough room to squeeze a laptop in there.

Seeing how you have to pull a strap to release the under seat storage, I don't know how you would be able to lock it but that sure is a good idea if it can be done.
An inexpensive lockbox like this one from Amazon is what I use if I need to keep my firearm in a vehicle. Wrap the cable around the front seat leg at the floor, slide the box under the seat.
Amazon.com : BAGKOOL Pistol Safe,Portable Metal Travel Gun Safe Handgun Lock Security Box Case with Key Lock : Sports & Outdoors

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
Im just looking for a way to keep the somewhat honest people honest…like the valet

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not interested in safe but any ideas to secure or lock the rear seat for safe storage???
Sponsored