First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick, 2023 Grand Cherokee, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could never figure out why low speed is part of the auto high beam algorithm. Must drive faster than 32 mph to turn on high beams then if speed drops below 27 mph it turns high beams off. I think the engineers that programmed this must have also programmed the auto stop/start. Ford could use some engineers that live in rural areas that have experience with dark roads that have hairpin turns and lots of deer.

Ford Maverick Two year ownership review. 1703711819542
Sponsored

CBennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
Undecided
Ive had my Maverick two years today. The dealership (Wiscasset Ford) was fantastic through the order process and delivery so it was a good start. After pickup I almost immediately installed a few things, Gator SFX Tonneau cover, Rockblok mudflaps the ford window deflectors and the Console Vault in the center console. All of the added accessories have been fantastic, I have nothing bad to say about any of them. About the truck itself, I love it! I still love it as much as the day I picked it up. I have only found on thing I dislike and one thing that's just weird. With my seating position, the placement of the mirrors and A pillar there is a nasty blind spot when turning. More importantly it makes it difficult to see pedestrians in parking lots. The weirdness? The auto high beams. They work great normally but Ive found they need some light or contrast to function. I live in rural Maine, there are many streets (mine included) that are pitch black, totally dark. The truck will actually turn the highbeems OFF when turning onto my street, Its not a big deal but it is very weird. If anyone has any other questions, just ask.

George
Good review.. Im currently looking at 1 23 Lariat FX4 with under 9K on it also had a Rough Country hard tonneu cover on it. That was the one drawback on the maverick for me lack of storage thats covered or lockable . I carry fishing and hunting stuff camping stuff and of all the ones I looked at the Ridgeline was the only one with enough storage all the other ones id have to have some sort of hard Tonneau cover for it. or a cap.. so that I always added into the price for the Maverick,Frontier and similar ones which added on about 600-1K more..

This one im gonna go look at however has a cover already installed and a price of 35.1K i need to see if thats reasonable also for a 23.

But ive been looking at reviews lately thanks for yours.