Formula11

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL AWD AREA51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will try to inflate it to 37psi before the drive this morning then.
Inflate to 37psi than use the key brake method and the tpms tool should work
Sponsored

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interestingly... The tpms light is off and now it's reading the sensors - though I still question it's accuracy or if it's syncing correctly still.

This morning I went around and inflated all the tires to around 36.5-37.0 psi per the air pump; but that could be off...

The TPMS readings have not changed at all since this morning and still showing the following: 34psi front left; 33psi front right; 33psi rear left; 35psi rear right

I might try to inflate it a little higher tomorrow morning to see if it increases from those psi.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This morning I went around and inflated all the tires to around 36.5-37.0 psi per the air pump; but that could be off...

The TPMS readings have not changed at all since this morning and still showing the following: 34psi front left; 33psi front right; 33psi rear left; 35psi rear right
Did you drive it afterwards? The TPMS system usually doesn't start polling the sensors until you get up to 15-20mph.

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you drive it afterwards? The TPMS system usually doesn't start polling the sensors until you get up to 15-20mph.
Yes, I drove it 5 min after inflating the tires. My trip to work was roughly 20 minute. Same psi reading on the way home from work.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update - went to two local tire shops this morning, neither was able to sync it up with the Maverick. They put the vehicle in training mode (brake / key method) and attempted to activate the sensors - no response from the vehicle.

I'm a little defeated at this point. Either pay up and get new sensors again or just drive without TPMS.

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've used the brake and key method on a few Ford vehicles including my Mav with the official Motorcraft tool and never had a problem. Just rotated the tires and it worked great.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For what it is worth. I have the motorcraft sensors (from Ebay) in my truck. I did not have to do any relearning or anything. the truck learned them by itself. The pressure reading is about 2 lbs lower than my old tire gauge, but all are recognized and working.

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up returning the Mobiletron Moresensors I purchased and having a local tire shop swap the oem sensors to the new wheels + tires. Was going to sell the steelies with the tpms in them for the next owners, but now the steelies are up for grabs without tpms.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, good info and thanks for the update.

This weekend I'm picking up some Bronco Sport wheels and tires that should be take-offs with OEM TPMS in them. I thought I'd have to buy the reset tool, but it sounds like they may just relearn/update after I put them on. Fingers crossed...

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a '23 Mav XLT hybrid. Mounted Michelins at ~400 miles on original rims. 7500 rotation yesterday. Today I performed the flasher/ release air method and it worked first time. No need for a TMPS tool.
Sponsored