First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick (EB with 4K tow package) and I picked up our new Rove Lite 16RB trailer on Thursday from Camp Oaks RV in Dahlonega, Ga. It’s about 100 miles from our home in Rome, Ga, on two-lane roads through the Appalachian foothills. I checked the mpg on the way over. The dash display showed about 34 mpg, with most driving at 55-60, which was about as fast as the roads allow. The trailer is 19 feet and jusr over 2000 lb. The display showed 17 mpg on the return trip. I didn’t try to maintain 55 up the steeper grades. I let the speed drop some to avoid a lot of full-throttle acceleration. The Rove has its own sway control, so I turned off the truck’s sway control. The Maverick towed well, and I thought the mpg was acceptable. It ought to do better on less hilly roads.
Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick (EB with 4K tow package) and I picked up our new Rove Lite 16RB trailer on Thursday from Camp Oaks RV in Dahlonega, Ga. It’s about 100 miles from our home in Rome, Ga, on two-lane roads through the Appalachian foothills. I checked the mpg on the way over. The dash display showed about 34 mpg, with most driving at 55-60, which was about as fast as the roads allow. The trailer is 19 feet and jusr over 2000 lb. The display showed 17 mpg on the return trip. I didn’t try to maintain 55 up the steeper grades. I let the speed drop some to avoid a lot of full-throttle acceleration. The Rove has its own sway control, so I turned off the truck’s sway control. The Maverick towed well, and I thought the mpg was acceptable. It ought to do better on less hilly roads.
Are you sure that's the correct weight for your camper? Our 17 ft Springdale mini is 3500 lbs.

OP
OP

Mavapa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you sure that's the correct weight for your camper? Our 17 ft Springdale mini is 3500 lbs.
The Rove Lite is one of the few “lite” trailers that is actually lightweight.

Johnny maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 mav 16 superduty 89 xr7 sc 5spd 84 gt turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tow a 20' pontoon a 18' v8 checkmate and my funfinder 139. I usually pulling 28.5 mpg average. 19 towing like a human. I just recently towed the fun finder with a 10' roof I installed and was to lazy to remove when I left the camp. Let me tell wind resistance makes a huge difference. It was like pulling a parachute. I still did highway speeds having to step into it to maintain speed down hill and got a whopping 9.7mpg. I won't do it again. I get 14 in my super duty.

Ford Maverick Towing our new Rove Lite 20231112_085235

Ford Maverick Towing our new Rove Lite 20231112_111558

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Towing a 9 foot tall small camper with the hybrid I get about 18 MPG at at 65. Not ever gonna find me going any faster than that! (More like 50 MPH up hills.)
Sponsored