Sponsored

TO FORD: To Dealer:

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ford's biggest portion of blame in all this is the stupidity of following their outdated & non-applicable allocation system for paid customer orders. Inexcusable ignorance. Everyone understands the supplier constraints, production issues, high demand, yada yada yada. Most reasonable people can accept, and deal with, delays based on (mostly) uncontrollable circumstance. Unfortunately, Ford is largely responsible for creating all their bad press from their own ignorant actions. Could've been 99% avoided had they followed the simple FIFO-based-on-constraints production model FROM THE BEGINNING.

And the greedy unethical dealers are just adding fuel to the fire with their shady actions on customer orders. It's obvious the games many are playing, jacking up prices when a customer Mav finally arrives.

Add these two together, and it's a BIG public perception hit, mostly deserved.

As a shareholder, I'm embarrassed, and pissed off, and that was reflected in my proxy.

And even more disappointing, it seems the Lightning intro will be a bigger shit-show than the Maverick.
These are valid points, especially "the greedy unethical dealers". Ford really has to confront this issue.
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has always had the dealer as the direct contact with the customers, but now Ford is trying to develop the whole factory order program, and frankly they aren't that good at it yet. Since Ford is forced to rely on dealers for final pricing and delivery, they really shouldn't be trying to create a direct customer experience when in reality they don't have control over it.

As for the Maverick, Ford clearly screwed up the market research as far as which options would be the most popular. Ford had to have known in advance about supply constraints, yet developed trim levels and options that don't seem to take that reality into account. So now there are countless ready buyers waiting endlessly.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dear ford... I'm extremely disappointed in how you have handled the introduction of the Ford Maverick, the customer service provided, the lack of communication, the smoke and mirrors, the confusion, the extremely lengthy wait for a vin# (which I'm still lacking from an October 2021 base model order with NO constraints)... I completely understand supply chain issues and our ongoing problems related to Covid (that's another topic all together) As a business owner, I know first hand how supply chains have broken down. I know how some things are either hard to get, and some things are just not available. However, through all of this, I managed to keep my doors open. More importantly I've managed to keep my customers informed with complete honesty and basic communication. I've used Facebook to keep them updated on pricing, as well as products that we can't get. I've explaimed face to face and apologized with sincerity that i couldn't.... ... Ahhhh fuck it the rest of this preaching is useless. I'm convinced Ford just doesn't give a shit ...
To cut the TO Dealer: portion of this post short, I can say the same. You have been extremely difficult to deal with and again I'm convinced you just don't give a shit. FORD dropped the ball introducing the Ford Maverick. My local dealership definitely dropped the ball in the Customer service realm :)
Great letter. Iā€™m sure Ford will have to empty their trash can after tossing it in there. You really think they give a rats ass about a few customers? I only wish.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you paid over MSRP. Your just feeding to problem!
Nope, I didnā€™t, but donā€™t be surprised when yours comes in and the dealer adds a market adjustment now. Itā€™s a sign of the times for almost all car dealers.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has always had the dealer as the direct contact with the customers, but now Ford is trying to develop the whole factory order program, and frankly they aren't that good at it yet. Since Ford is forced to rely on dealers for final pricing and delivery, they really shouldn't be trying to create a direct customer experience when in reality they don't have control over it.

As for the Maverick, Ford clearly screwed up the market research as far as which options would be the most popular. Ford had to have known in advance about supply constraints, yet developed trim levels and options that don't seem to take that reality into account. So now there are countless ready buyers waiting endlessly.
would it make any difference in your reasoning that Ford started the Maverick program internally a good 1-3 years BEFORE COVID? When there was no such thing as global shutdowns of factories, cities, countries- and of course no supply chain issues with a robust global economy and supply of goods uninterrupted. Then the world as we knew it turned upside down and changed everything. I don't see how Ford or anyone else could have foreseen the resulting chaos and prepared for it to keep launching multiple new innovative products like business as usual. And they are not alone in this dilemma.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These are valid points, especially "the greedy unethical dealers". Ford really has to confront this issue.
They can't. Dealers have massive government lobbying, the only recourse Ford has is held in the bounds of whatever their contractual obligations dictate. I guarantee if Ford could cut them out and sell direct it would happen overnight.

willows72

First Name
jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 kia sorento
Dear ford... I'm extremely disappointed in how you have handled the introduction of the Ford Maverick, the customer service provided, the lack of communication, the smoke and mirrors, the confusion, the extremely lengthy wait for a vin# (which I'm still lacking from an October 2021 base model order with NO constraints)... I completely understand supply chain issues and our ongoing problems related to Covid (that's another topic all together) As a business owner, I know first hand how supply chains have broken down. I know how some things are either hard to get, and some things are just not available. However, through all of this, I managed to keep my doors open. More importantly I've managed to keep my customers informed with complete honesty and basic communication. I've used Facebook to keep them updated on pricing, as well as products that we can't get. I've explaimed face to face and apologized with sincerity that i couldn't.... ... Ahhhh fuck it the rest of this preaching is useless. I'm convinced Ford just doesn't give a shit ...
To cut the TO Dealer: portion of this post short, I can say the same. You have been extremely difficult to deal with and again I'm convinced you just don't give a shit. FORD dropped the ball introducing the Ford Maverick. My local dealership definitely dropped the ball in the Customer service realm :)
I wholeheartdly agree with you I have had same issues with Ford and the dealer Order 6/16/21 No one knows what the staus of an order

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are very few car manufacturers that produce their own parts.

OP
OP

BBQin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade, equinox, ranger
would it make any difference in your reasoning that Ford started the Maverick program internally a good 1-3 years BEFORE COVID? When there was no such thing as global shutdowns of factories, cities, countries- and of course no supply chain issues with a robust global economy and supply of goods uninterrupted. Then the world as we knew it turned upside down and changed everything. I don't see how Ford or anyone else could have foreseen the resulting chaos and prepared for it to keep launching multiple new innovative products like business as usual. And they are not alone in this dilemma.
How they are handling
Great letter. Iā€™m sure Ford will have to empty their trash can after tossing it in there. You really think they give a rats ass about a few customers? I only wish.
I believe you are dead on in your assumption šŸ˜…šŸ¤£
Just curious when you ordered and the status of your XL? I only ask because I noticed almost all other posts are from XLT and Lariat orders.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How they are handling I believe you are dead on in your assumption šŸ˜…šŸ¤£
Just curious when you ordered and the status of your XL? I only ask because I noticed almost all other posts are from XLT and Lariat orders.
I havenā€™t ordered yet. Right after I joined and started reading about all the issues everyone was having and I decided to wait. I have my name on about 5 dealers lists if someone decides they donā€™t want theirs. Iā€™ve gotten several calls but as most of you have found out they want more than MSRP and I refuse. Iā€™m in no hurry so Iā€™ll just wait and probably try to order in August if they open it up again. I just love coming on the forum and seeing what others have done to their Maverickā€™s and learning as much as I can about the order process and how to deal with issues that might come up. This is a pic of my current XL.
Ford Maverick TO FORD: To Dealer: B4395452-7C58-4F15-8A5C-321AE4225447
Sponsored

Last edited: