Sponsored

Streak in window tint on driver and passenger door windows -- anyone else see this?

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed that my two front windows have a streak in the tinting that is noticeable. I don't think I noticed it at first because I am not wearing my sunglasses as much anymore (old age brought back regular glasses!), but when I put my polarized sunglasses on, it's VERY noticeable as a flaw. The streak extends from the top edge of the window all the way down, as much as is visible, and is about 3/8" wide. It's right in the middle of each window and looks basically like it's not tinted as much -- it's not completely clear but not uniform with the rest of the factory tint.

Has anyone else seen this on their truck? I'll try to add a photo later.

I'm planning to get additional tint put on the windows, but my worry is that it'll still be visible with the aftermarket. I'll call the dealer today to see what they say, but I can't take my truck in immediately.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I noticed that my two front windows have a streak in the tinting that is noticeable. I don't think I noticed it at first because I am not wearing my sunglasses as much anymore (old age brought back regular glasses!), but when I put my polarized sunglasses on, it's VERY noticeable as a flaw. The streak extends from the top edge of the window all the way down, as much as is visible, and is about 3/8" wide. It's right in the middle of each window and looks basically like it's not tinted as much -- it's not completely clear but not uniform with the rest of the factory tint.

Has anyone else seen this on their truck? I'll try to add a photo later.

I'm planning to get additional tint put on the windows, but my worry is that it'll still be visible with the aftermarket. I'll call the dealer today to see what they say, but I can't take my truck in immediately.
Hello, Andrew! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this window concern. Thanks!

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean the rear factory tint? If the front windows are tinted, that is aftermarket.

OP
OP
AndrewinMD

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean the rear factory tint? If the front windows are tinted, that is aftermarket.
There's a slight factory tint on the drivers and passengers windows already. Nothing to do with aftermarket. It's not very much tint, but it's not zero either.
Sponsored