First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's probably a cable or chain on a hand-crank winch mechanism. I haven't seen any other design for an underbody-mounted exterior spare.

As a person who has used the spare in every vehicle I've owned at least once, I'll say that waiting for AAA sucks if you're not near a town with an AAA-partnered tow company.

To make retrieving the spare easier, I throw a piece of cardboard on the ground, then winch the spare down onto it and crank the winch down so there's enough slack to get the spare maybe 1/4 the way from under the vehicle. Just enough so it's easy to unhook the spare from the winch without having to crawl under the vehicle. The cardboard lets the spare slide easily.

Conversely, to winch up the flat tire, that extra cable slack I mentioned earlier makes it easy to hook the wheel onto the winch without having to crawl underneath the vehicle.

And as the saying goes, there's no bad weather, just bad clothing. I keep a rain suit in the vehicle and just throw it on top of whatever I'm wearing.

https://www.costco.com/holmes-workwear-hi-vis-rain-suit.product.100456086.html

No worries about getting wet or dirty. I once changed a flat while wearing suit pants and a tie.
How to remove spare tire: Link below

ford maverick spare tire removal video - Google Search

For the first time I may subscribe to AAA. Here is a good case for having a donut spare tire...less weight to deal with.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shelby1962

Shelby1962

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many…
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw this one in Hamburg NY, it is a factory team doing dealer training. It’s about what I expected, looks Ford in build and design. A few things I noticed, neat detail on the door handles- adds a little character, rear power window is real tiny, nice tint on rear doors compared to the front, hard bed cover looks pretty heavy duty, looked to have pretty decent leg room. unfortunately it was a 2.0 AWD, was hoping to get a peak at a Hybrid.

Front grille looks cheesy with that dull black plastic. The truck had #3 on the windows, let see if anyone else spots this one…

overall impression- can’t wait for mine but first things is new wheels………

Iconic Silver 2022 Maverick Lariat 1.jpg

Iconic Silver 2022 Maverick Lariat 4.jpg

Iconic Silver 2022 Maverick Lariat 2.jpg

Iconic Silver 2022 Maverick Lariat 3.jpg

Iconic Silver 2022 Maverick Lariat 5.jpg

Undercarriage underbody 2022 Maverick Lariat 6.jpg
Anyone know what that circular item a little left of center on suspension is? Is it functional?

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Thanks
I wander how hard is to put that spare back in place after using it... I guess one needs to fit there on his back, facing up
There is a thread with a video on this site showing how to lower spare and put spare back in place.
Sponsored