Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Np, just glad to help. Those c pillars are a pain to remove. I busted the 2 plastic holders cause I didn't know they had a slot
Like all the others, I appreciate your willingness to document your efforts. I'm looking at the photos and was wondering how difficult it would be to upgrade the size to a 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" coax speaker, or maybe a 6 1/2" midrange?

Edit: I was looking at the Lariat c-pillar compared to the XL/XLT and noticed the Lariat has a much larger grill. The grill almost covers the entire c-pillar trim that covers the speaker. Although, the speaker itself does not seem to be any larger. Just wondering out loud.

TIA :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so has it been confirmed that the front speakers are 6.5" and the rears speakers are 5.25" in the rear for the STOCK/Non-BO radio?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so has it been confirmed that the front speakers are 6.5" and the rears speakers are 5.25" in the rear for the STOCK/Non-BO radio?
From my understanding the rear speakers are 4" for the non BO radio system. Many members have confirmed this throughout the various speaker threads here.

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be interested to know which 4" aftermarkets were installed successfully (had the clearance)

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be interested to know which 4" aftermarkets were installed successfully (had the clearance)
There are a number of threads dealing with speaker replacements here. Here is a link to the extensive upgrades done by BootXL76: Budget stock Audio upgrades (XL) - plan, research, options. He has replaced the rear speakers.

Here's another link Upgrading the XLT base audio system / door panel removal - finished with lots of pics. There are other links to threads that show all kinds of audio upgrades: Electronics, Electrical, Audio, Nav, SYNC, FordPass, Comms, Cameras.

Happy reading.

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
From my experimentation back there, I’d say pretty much any…. Now that said some you’ll want to snap off two of the ears, most will need some kind of gasket foam (to create a seal because of the way the speakers are mounted directly into the trim piece). The hole in the actual sheet metal column should clear the magnet/housing on any 4” speaker (but it may end up a tight fit because of the foam inside the column and the wiring)
@Qwillex fit 4x6s back there with some editing of the c column trim panel (I think his thread is called “ordered stereo parts”)

Last edited:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, I gave mine away to the guy at the local trash dump and he gladly accepted them.:cool:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would also like to know the max mounting depth for the door speakers and the rear 6x9 if anyone has swapped them out. I bought some SKAR Audio replacements and I'm almost certain they are too deep. I saw someone do a video where they used some JL Audio C1-650 - which have a mounting depth of 2.07" and I'm guessing that is close to the max. The SKAR's I got are 2.51".

I wouldn't mind cutting into that bracket behind, as long as it doesn't mess with anything. I assume it's just a plastic bracket to keep the window from hitting when rolled down? Either way, I'm going to try and mount, see how much space I need and go from there. I'd rather not send the SKAR's back and have to look for new speakers.

I did find a post that says the 2.5" mounting depth should be okay.

Can anyone confirm what the purpose of that plastic piece behind the speaker is for and it it would be okay to cut into if I needed to? If 2.5" is acceptable for mounting depth but I do end up needing to remove the bracket behind it anyways for whatever reason (the .01"?) then It shouldn't come close to the window when fully rolled down.
Sponsored