Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not the guy who asked about the MPGs but I'm guessing because if you go to a wider wheel/tire, you gain traction but also a wider contact patch which increases rolling resistance.

To be fair, using the OEM tire on the Sparco Terra would only increase the contact patch by like 0.25" or so.
Yes, understood. I still think the drop in rotational mass from the sparco's would more than offset that extra rolling resistance. I would think if anything you would pick up MPG with a factory sized tire.
Sponsored

canyonero

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed! My acceleration from a roll also noticeably increased when I lost ~5lbs of unsprung/rotating mass per wheel on another car.

And yeah imho the Maverick could use a little more contact patch.

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick, 19 Cayman GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally pulled trigger on a winter setup and went with Sparco Terras. Always liked the way bronze looks on Cactus as well. The Sparco stickers just came in the lugnut box and I won't be putting them on.

235/65/17 Blizzak DM-V2s (edit had wrong tire size typo before). Also if you call Tire rack you can get black lugs in addition to the black valve stems that are optional. I also added the TPMS sensors and ordered the $12 sync tool on amazon. But sure enough the TPMS just synced themselves driving it for ~30min today and reading the proper 36PSI (I do 1 PSI over recommended since it's ~40 deg when filled and will likely be closer to 30 most of the winter here.

Ford Maverick Sparco Terra wheel nTQtngAl

Ford Maverick Sparco Terra wheel TNs0AyEl

Last edited:

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had Sparco wheels on my old Protege5, nice wheels. Mine were light weight at only 14lbs each. But I bent one fairly easy doing a 90degree e-brake turn into a parking spot.

Ford Maverick Sparco Terra wheel FB_IMG_1646163457322

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had Sparco wheels on my old Protege5, nice wheels. Mine were light weight at only 14lbs each. But I bent one fairly easy doing a 90degree e-brake turn into a parking spot.

FB_IMG_1646163457322.jpg
Fast & Furious Houston Drift?

Sponsored

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol. Not quite, parking lot was wet. Slid great till it hit a grippy spot, I think that spot tweaked the wheel. It was a fun car.

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally pulled trigger on a winter setup and went with Sparco Terras. Always liked the way bronze looks on Cactus as well. The Sparco stickers just came in the lugnut box and I won't be putting them on.

235/45/17 Blizzak DM-V2s. Also if you call Tire rack you can get black lugs in addition to the black valve stems that are optional. I also added the TPMS sensors and ordered the $12 sync tool on amazon. But sure enough the TPMS just synced themselves driving it for ~30min today and reading the proper 36PSI (I do 1 PSI over recommended since it's ~40 deg when filled and will likely be closer to 30 most of the winter here.

nTQtngAl.jpg

TNs0AyEl.jpg
Look larger than 17. Nice. Would love to see a direct side profile photo when you get a chance.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just bolted my winter wheel/tire setup on.
Light gray Sparco Terras with Blizzak WS90s. Both in OEM sizes.
Mav is anXLT Hybrid.

Ford Maverick Sparco Terra wheel 20221125_102403

SLWKRT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had the rally bronze on my Civic. Absolutely love that wheel. Especially with the black center cap and lug nuts. Was very tempted to buy them for the Maverick too.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had the rally bronze on my Civic. Absolutely love that wheel. Especially with the black center cap and lug nuts. Was very tempted to buy them for the Maverick too.
These have blue center caps and TireRack supplied chromed lug nuts. I'm with you: need black and black.

Sponsored

SLWKRT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These have blue center caps and TireRack supplied chromed lug nuts. I'm with you: need black and black.
Weird. Mine came with black center caps and no decals. I bought black lugs to make it match the cap/car. I’m sure you could probably buy them from Sparco if you opted for that color scheme.

OP
OP

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just bolted my winter wheel/tire setup on.
Light gray Sparco Terras with Blizzak WS90s. Both in OEM sizes.
Mav is anXLT Hybrid.

20221125_102403.jpg
Looks good.
Did your truck recognize the TPMS? Also do the supplied lug nuts take a 13/16" socket?

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good.
Did your truck recognize the TPMS? Also do the supplied lug nuts take a 13/16" socket?
Yes, the TPMS worked with no intervention on my part.

No, the supplied lugnuts are 3/4".
While it's a pain, it does keep me from mixing the nuts up.
My Jetta wheels both use the same socket. I noticed that my son now has the bolts all mixed up.

Last edited:

nj-mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

235/45/17 Blizzak DM-V2s. Also if you call Tire rack you can get black lugs in addition to the black valve stems that are optional. I also added the TPMS sensors and ordered the $12 sync tool on amazon. But sure enough the TPMS just synced themselves driving it for ~30min today and reading the proper 36PSI (I do 1 PSI over recommended since it's ~40 deg when filled and will likely be closer to 30 most of the winter here.

nTQtngAl.jpg

TNs0AyEl.jpg
Are they really 235/45/17 ??
They look a lot taller than I expected.

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick, 19 Cayman GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are they really 235/45/17 ??
They look a lot taller than I expected.
Sorry that was a typo, I edited my earlier post. 235/65/17. Which is the same tire as at the AT tire option/wheels I have on the pic of the truck in my signature. The DM-V2 version of the Blizzak is the SUV/Light Truck version so they are pretty chunky, similar my stock Falken Wildpeaks.

Look larger than 17. Nice. Would love to see a direct side profile photo when you get a chance.
Here's a side profile shot for ya:

Ford Maverick Sparco Terra wheel Zm9OqA7l
Sponsored