Sponsored

Shit Dealers Say

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
I've been calling Dealers for a week. I've spoke to dealers in probably every state in the continental u.s. I'm going to post this here in off-topic because it's a rant.

I hate car dealers. I hate everything about their arrogant nonsense and stupid games they play. They really think they're better than the people coming to them and it's disgusting. I really think that Ford has the worst dealers out of all the manufacturers. I said in another thread that I visited The Henry Ford and it changed everything I knew and thought about Ford. Although after this last week, I'm starting to not want anything to do with them again.

The nonsense spewing from these loser's mouths is sickening.

"They're not making that car any more." Riiiight, ford started an assembly line for only 3 months, gave the plant AND TRUCK an award and they just called it quits.

"They shut the plants down." Oh, now Ford is just calling it quits. The whole thing, they just shut all the doors. STFU.

"They're all sold and no more left in the county." I see.

Why can't they just say "That's a hot truck. Want me to take down your name and number if something changes and one comes in?" What is so hard about that? Why do they have to lie and make crap up?

Thought of another one, "We're buying all the mavericks we can so of course we have to mark them up". At least this sketchy dealer was honest.

I called my local dealer who promptly told me to pound sand. Crossed paths with another buddy just this afternoon who was going over there to get something addressed on his Mustang. 45 mins later, I get a picture texted to me a "preview order" with the whole build detailed out "UNSOLD AVAILABLE" written across the top.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob in VB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why can't they just say "That's a hot truck. Want me to take down your name and number if something changes and one comes in?" What is so hard about that? Why do they have to lie and make crap up?
Dealerships often hire people on a trial basis to see if they’re capable of closing deals, so there is a heavy employee turnover of sales people. Anecdotally my SO’s brother was hired at the same dealership I ordered from, and he lasted all of three weeks without ever making a sale.
It’s highly probable the individuals you spoke with are just so low on the totem pole they don’t have the correct info.

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There is a movie about selling cars at a dealership with Jeremy Piven in it that you should watch. Its called The GOODs. It has some laughs.

Personally I am with you, its a dumb chore all this sales crap. However that is capitalism at its core and it has benefits. I will say a couple things. Car salesman also hate people calling them to get a feel for something and wasting their time. Also almost everyone selling something or servicing someone thinks they are better than you(the general you, not you you).

Its just the way she goes bub.

OP
OP

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
There is a movie about selling cars at a dealership with Jeremy Piven in it that you should watch. Its called The GOODs. It has some laughs.

Personally I am with you, its a dumb chore all this sales crap. However that is capitalism at its core and it has benefits. I will say a couple things. Car salesman also hate people calling them to get a feel for something and wasting their time. Also almost everyone selling something or servicing someone thinks they are better than you(the general you, not you you).

Its just the way she goes bub.
I'm going to look that movie up right now. I love Jeremy Piven.
Sponsored