First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
, 1950 Ford F1 truck, 22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck shipped two weeks ago, on the train to Atlanta. It’s been in Missouri since January 19. Anyone have any idea how long it may sit there before going on to Atlanta. From Atlanta it will come to Tennessee on a truck.
Sponsored

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I honestly don’t think there is any rhyme or reason to the shipping! Mine has been sitting at the rail yard for the last month waiting for pick up. This was after it sat in Illinois for almost 3 weeks too…

Here are my dates:
Built 11/25/2021
Shipped 11/27/2021 -

ETA TO DEALER: 12/20/2021
then 01/02/2022
then 01/03/2022
then 01/07/2022
then 01/08/2022
then 01/15/2022
then 01/26/2022…
Now 02/03/2022

Maybe one day it will be in the driveway and not the rail yard

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I honestly don’t think there is any rhyme or reason to the shipping! Mine has been sitting at the rail yard for the last month waiting for pick up. This was after it sat in Illinois for almost 3 weeks too…

Here are my dates:
Built 11/25/2021
Shipped 11/27/2021 -

ETA TO DEALER: 12/20/2021
then 01/02/2022
then 01/03/2022
then 01/07/2022
then 01/08/2022
then 01/15/2022
then 01/26/2022…
Now 02/03/2022

Maybe one day it will be in the driveway and not the rail yard
Wow thats just sad.
My condolences.

Would be nice since Ford people see these posts there would be a fire lit under the transport companies. Not just for you but everyone who is waiting a disproportionate amount of time.

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow thats just sad.
My condolences.

Would be nice since Ford people see these posts there would be a fire lit under the transport companies. Not just for you but everyone who is waiting a disproportionate amount of time.
Thanks! Worst part is that my VW died in November and the Mrs totaled her car in December… so being without a vehicle for this long has been a real inconvenience. I even had to call off work when my carpool ride takes the day off too.

I searched the inventory and even tried to find any on the lots but it seems every dealer that has one puts an ADM and want to make an easy 5-10k…

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck shipped two weeks ago, on the train to Atlanta. It’s been in Missouri since January 19. Anyone have any idea how long it may sit there before going on to Atlanta. From Atlanta it will come to Tennessee on a truck.
Mine was built on 12/09 and made it to Illinois on the Union Pacific on 01/11. It then sat for two days before being transferred to Norfolk Southern. It took another five days for it to get to New Jersey. It was unloaded in a day and has been sitting in the auto rail yard since for its last 36 mile drive to the dealership. Hoping maybe sometime this week for it to get trucked to the dealership, but they don't know why it's taking so long either.

Sponsored

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was built on 12/09 and made it to Illinois on the Union Pacific on 01/11. It then sat for two days before being transferred to Norfolk Southern. It took another five days for it to get to New Jersey. It was unloaded in a day and has been sitting in the auto rail yard since for its last 36 mile drive to the dealership. Hoping maybe sometime this week for it to get trucked to the dealership, but they don't know why it's taking so long either.
Fingers crossed that we both see our new toys make it to the dealerships this week!

I wish it was like the old days when the dealers would hire some retired drivers to go an pick them up and drive them back to the dealerships.

Heck I would not mind the extra 110 miles... my commute to work is 98 each way!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! Worst part is that my VW died in November and the Mrs totaled her car in December… so being without a vehicle for this long has been a real inconvenience. I even had to call off work when my carpool ride takes the day off too.

I searched the inventory and even tried to find any on the lots but it seems every dealer that has one puts an ADM and want to make an easy 5-10k…
Not that I would expect a lot but have you tries the chat feature or called the 800 number with all the dates you posted.

Not to try an make things worse but does your build fall into the dates listed for Fuel tank inspection?

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fingers crossed that we both see our new toys make it to the dealerships this week!

I wish it was like the old days when the dealers would hire some retired drivers to go an pick them up and drive them back to the dealerships.

Heck I would not mind the extra 110 miles... my commute to work is 98 each way!
I understand that there is a shortage of drivers but the trains of autoracks full of vehicles still keep coming. Hopefully they aren't forgetting about the vehicles that came in first and are parked way out in left field before trucking the ones that were just unloaded first. Damn, it's only 36 miles from the dealership - a gallon and a half of gas - give me a fifth wheel auto carrier trailer and I'll go and get three of them.

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not that I would expect a lot but have you tries the chat feature or called the 800 number with all the dates you posted.

Not to try an make things worse but does your build fall into the dates listed for Fuel tank inspection?
I have called 3x times now and all ford says is yeah we see it’s sitting at the rail yard waiting for carrier to pick up.

it was built 11/25 so no recall issues with the seals belts or fuel tank.

I also confirmed that with ford on one of my calls to the 800 number.

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand that there is a shortage of drivers but the trains of autoracks full of vehicles still keep coming. Hopefully they aren't forgetting about the vehicles that came in first and are parked way out in left field before trucking the ones that were just unloaded first. Damn, it's only 36 miles from the dealership - a gallon and a half of gas - give me a fifth wheel auto carrier trailer and I'll go and get three of them.

Yeah I have seen that too. Where newer arrivals (Expeditions and Super Duty) come to dealer before my lonely Mav Does. So I know they don’t to the first in first out.… my dealer has 20 vehicles in the United Roads tracker right now and I am sure I won’t be on that first truck.

I would pay a contract hauler to go to the Rail Yard and get my truck!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
United Road seems to throw darts when selecting what to haul. When mine got hauled up it along with some Escapes and a Mach e had only been at the yard for a day, but a Bronco and a few other vehicles had already been there over a week and got skipped over.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yes I've called the 800 number and all I was able to get is that it is enroute to the dealer. Fortunately it does NOT fall into the dates of the fuel tank recall. It was built on 12/07 and then went into Chip Hold until 12/24 and then didn't have the SIBL installed until 12/28 and was finally marked as built on 01/04. All the Ford tracker shows is "Shipped" with the ETA now 02/06. :cry:

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have called 3x times now and all ford says is yeah we see it’s sitting at the rail yard waiting for carrier to pick up.

it was built 11/25 so no recall issues with the seals belts or fuel tank.

I also confirmed that with ford on one of my calls to the 800 number.
I feel for you. I know Have to wait this would weigh on me.

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel for you. I know Have to wait this would weigh on me.
Wouldn’t mind if it wouldn't be needed. My car died in November and the Mrs totaled her car in December.

So having all the hassles of rentals, borrowing a vehicle from friends, car pooling, etc….

Just gets old seeing the ETA getting pushed back week after week! While it sits 110 miles away waiting for pickup.

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
Ours was built on December 17th, and ours only sat in the rail yard one week. We took possession of the truck on January 17th. We ordered a hybrid. One short trip around the city of 6 miles and we averaged 49.7 mpg on city streets. Using a mix of highway and city, about 36 mpg.
Sponsored