Sponsored

Scheduled to Day 11/17, Scheduled to Week 11/22, Scheduled to Day 11/28. What !!!

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I believe that I was one of the handful where the Priority Code really mattered.

Because my wife works for AutoNation we were able to get the A-Plan discount and the dealership had us place our order with the Fleet Sales Manager who was in a separate building away from their usual sales force.

When ordering I asked if I could get Priority Code 10 and received it with no issues whatsoever. Reading the forum here was informative about Priority Codes and is why I requested the 10.

When the order was completed on 8/23, the DORA (at Invoice price, $150 Doc Fee and no other add-ons or dealer fees) with email address and phone number was signed and dated by me and then my DL was copied. Before leaving I asked about how many Maverick orders were ahead of me. The answer was 29 so I expected a very very long wait before I would be scheduled.

So much to my surprise I got the Ford email on 9/16 that I got a scheduled production the week of 11/8. That date is now pushed back to 11/28 like a lot of other builds here on this forum have had happen to them.

Since I was scheduled I went back to the dealership to have a "Signed Buyer's" order contract done with all prices listed and a final OTD price. This was signed by me and the General Sales Manager thus I will get my truck at the agreed upon price at delivery. Having this done allowed me to sell my 2015 Honda Fit Ex for $16,523 to Carvana. The Fit was 7 years 1 month old with 43,800 miles on it.

Before leaving I inquired how many Maverick orders they had that were scheduled for production and how many allocations they had in September. Much to my surprise they only had 3 allocations in September and my Hybrid Maverick was one of those 3 that got scheduled.

I am speculating here that my Priority Code of 10 put in by the Fleet Sales Manager was lower than the 19 done by the regular sales force which is the default in the other building. Note I didn't ask to jump ahead of anyone and had no idea what any other orders had as their Priority Code I just wanted to not get the default 19. By the way this is just speculation on my part but it would explain why my scheduling happened very quickly especially on a Hybrid Order.

So as the saying goes it doesn't hurt to ask.
I mean, I don't work at or for Ford, so all I can do is rely on what I've seen mentioned online. You very well may be correct but from what I've seen, the way your vehicle was optioned is why you got lucky with the early scheduling date, not your Priority Code.

Regardless tho, lucky you!🍀
Sponsored

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well another Friday has come and another pushback on the Build Date.

I have gone from Build Week of 11/8 to 11/15 to 11/22 and now 11/29. There is also a Build Day of 12/4 (Saturday) specified which is in the 11/29 Build Week. I hope that is just an end marker and gets pulled into the 11/29 Monday - 12/3 Friday range.

Ford Maverick Scheduled to Day 11/17, Scheduled to Week 11/22, Scheduled to Day 11/28. What !!! Scheduled to Week of 11-29 and Day 12-04.JPG