Sponsored

Scheduled to Day 11/17, Scheduled to Week 11/22, Scheduled to Day 11/28. What !!!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got the latest update from my dealer on my order build schedule.

Scheduled to Day 11/17 on 10/22 then switching to Scheduled to Week 11/22 on 10/29 then again switching to Scheduled to Day 11/28 on 11/5. All changes Ford made were on Friday's 10/22, 10/29 and 11/5. I now dred Friday. :(

It is very confusing especially the switching from Build Day to Build Week then back to Build Day.

EDIT: The latest (11/13) screenshot from my dealer shows that I have a "production day of 11/29" which is a Monday.

Ford Maverick Scheduled to Day 11/17, Scheduled to Week 11/22, Scheduled to Day 11/28. What !!! Scheduled to Day 11-28.JPG

Ford Maverick Scheduled to Day 11/17, Scheduled to Week 11/22, Scheduled to Day 11/28. What !!! Scheduled to Day 11-29.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They never emailed you directly about it ?

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
Today the date on the bottom of my window sticker changed from 11/01/2021 to 11/09/2021. What does this indicate?

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They never emailed you directly about it ?
These are the emails I have received from Ford and my dealer:

8/23: Ford: Your Order has been Confirmed

9/16: Ford: Your Vehicle is Scheduled for Production the week of November 8, 2021

10/5: Dealer: Just passing along the good news that your Maverick has scheduled to build. The build week is 11/15.

10/10: Ford: The Production Date for your Vehicle has Changed. Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of November 15, 2021.

Notice the 5 days from the Dealer informing me of the 11/15 build date and Ford emailing me.

10/29: Ford: The Production Date for your Vehicle has Changed. Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of November 22, 2021.

Nothing from Ford or my dealer about my build date since 10/29.

Since Ford emails have been behind I now proactively contact my dealer on Monday's to get the latest screen shot of the "Vehicle Visibility Page" showing "Schedule to Date" and "Status Date/Time" and the "Scheduled to Day (11-28-2021)" is what is currently shown. I am still confused as 11/28/2021 is a Sunday so not sure how they can build on Sunday as they are closed on Sunday's.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These are the emails I have received from Ford and my dealer:

8/23: Ford: Your Order has been Confirmed

9/16: Ford: Your Vehicle is Scheduled for Production the week of November 8, 2021

10/5: Dealer: Just passing along the good news that your Maverick has scheduled to build. The build week is 11/15.

10/10: Ford: The Production Date for your Vehicle has Changed. Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of November 15, 2021.

Notice the 5 days from the Dealer informing me of the 11/15 build date and Ford emailing me.

10/29: Ford: The Production Date for your Vehicle has Changed. Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of November 22, 2021.

Nothing from Ford or my dealer about my build date since 10/29.

Since Ford emails have been behind I now proactively contact my dealer on Monday's to get the latest screen shot of the "Vehicle Visibility Page" showing "Schedule to Date" and "Status Date/Time" and the "Scheduled to Day (11-28-2021)" is what is currently shown. I am still confused as 11/28/2021 is a Sunday so not sure how they can build on Sunday as they are closed on Sunday's.
Wow, my dealer seems agitated when I contact him once a month 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only contact him once a week now that my build is close and seems to be constantly changing.

I do ask nicely and thank him but really taking a screenshot and emailing it isn't a difficult task so maybe that is why he isn't annoyed.

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, at least they are talking about you….

crickets for me since they acknowledged my order in July😢

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
My dealer constantly trashes these forums and claims they are full of untruths, and hates it when I bring up something I saw here. Today I got scolded because I mentioned that I saw that builds are full up for the year, and since I had a lowly priority of 19 could they give me some idea of when, next year, I might see my build. They claimed that priority codes mean nothing, and that they (the dealers) have their own numbering system ???? - basically denying most of what has been explained here about allotments and scheduling by many, including some dealers. I never hear anything about my order except generic promises, and they imply there is some great behind-the-scenes process, known only to them, and I should just trust that I will get my build (whenever).

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer constantly trashes these forums and claims they are full of untruths, and hates it when I bring up something I saw here. Today I got scolded because I mentioned that I saw that builds are full up for the year, and since I had a lowly priority of 19 could they give me some idea of when, next year, I might see my build. They claimed that priority codes mean nothing, and that they (the dealers) have their own numbering system ???? - basically denying most of what has been explained here about allotments and scheduling by many, including some dealers. I never hear anything about my order except generic promises, and they imply there is some great behind-the-scenes process, known only to them, and I should just trust that I will get my build (whenever).
Unfortunately, this seems to be common with a lot of dealers. Customer satisfaction is a thing of the past.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Far be it from me to defend dealers, they typically range from terrible to useless, but your dealer is correct about Priority Code. While there are definitely a handful of folks that are convinced that a Priority Code of 10 makes a difference compared to 19, it's been discussed around here often that it doesn't matter unless there's 2 of the exact same vehicles ordered by the same dealer.

And from what I continue to see about recent builds, accepting that you will get your build "whenever" will probably save you from a lot of hand wringing and disappointment.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I hear you. In fact that’s what I’m attempting to do at present - ignore this whole shit show, bury myself in my work, and try to avoid this forum. Just wait for that email that has never come so far, to show up in my inbox. I have been known to yank my dealer’s chain from time-to-time, which sometimes causes them to give up privileged info that would not normally be revealed to mere customers like myself. I continue to look at options that would allow me to move on right now, but they just don’t compare favorably with the MAV

DNGRZON

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Subaru Crosstrek, '18 Subaru Forester
My dealer has been cool with me contacting him, but I'm sure he's annoyed and I haven't been reaching out nearly as much as weekly. I want to, though, because calling Ford directly tells me less than nothing. Also haven't received a single email from Ford.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered 9/18 EB XLT with almost everything except Roof/FX package. Dealer useless, so I called FORD.. spoke with a very nice woman who told me something wonky about the dates and suggested I call my dealer and ask if there are any delays.... I received original Ford email back in September, My question is "wouldn't Ford know if there were any delays"?

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Far be it from me to defend dealers, they typically range from terrible to useless, but your dealer is correct about Priority Code. While there are definitely a handful of folks that are convinced that a Priority Code of 10 makes a difference compared to 19, it's been discussed around here often that it doesn't matter unless there's 2 of the exact same vehicles ordered by the same dealer.
I believe that I was one of the handful where the Priority Code really mattered.

Because my wife works for AutoNation we were able to get the A-Plan discount and the dealership had us place our order with the Fleet Sales Manager who was in a separate building away from their usual sales force.

When ordering I asked if I could get Priority Code 10 and received it with no issues whatsoever. Reading the forum here was informative about Priority Codes and is why I requested the 10.

When the order was completed on 8/23, the DORA (at Invoice price, $150 Doc Fee and no other add-ons or dealer fees) with email address and phone number was signed and dated by me and then my DL was copied. Before leaving I asked about how many Maverick orders were ahead of me. The answer was 29 so I expected a very very long wait before I would be scheduled.

So much to my surprise I got the Ford email on 9/16 that I got a scheduled production the week of 11/8. That date is now pushed back to 11/28 like a lot of other builds here on this forum have had happen to them.

Since I was scheduled I went back to the dealership to have a "Signed Buyer's" order contract done with all prices listed and a final OTD price. This was signed by me and the General Sales Manager thus I will get my truck at the agreed upon price at delivery. Having this done allowed me to sell my 2015 Honda Fit Ex for $16,523 to Carvana. The Fit was 7 years 1 month old with 43,800 miles on it.

Before leaving I inquired how many Maverick orders they had that were scheduled for production and how many allocations they had in September. Much to my surprise they only had 3 allocations in September and my Hybrid Maverick was one of those 3 that got scheduled.

I am speculating here that my Priority Code of 10 put in by the Fleet Sales Manager was lower than the 19 done by the regular sales force which is the default in the other building. Note I didn't ask to jump ahead of anyone and had no idea what any other orders had as their Priority Code I just wanted to not get the default 19. By the way this is just speculation on my part but it would explain why my scheduling happened very quickly especially on a Hybrid Order.

So as the saying goes it doesn't hurt to ask.
Sponsored