First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw a Scottie Kilmer vid where he sprayed dry silicone where the window slides through the seals. Says it helps, but who knows.
Sponsored

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hardly ever roll the rear windows down but I noticed that when I roll them up, they roll themselves down just a tad. Not enough to be open just a centimeter or two. I can raise them back up that little bit but they go back down the same few centimeters.

I guess they are supposed to do that if everyone else has the same thing going on. Anyone else notice this?

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a 2005 F150 the had mechanical contacts on driver window switches that I would take that assembly apart and clean the contacts every few years after the first 5 years of no problems. Maybe these are different.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
see this meng: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-their-power-windows.11191/page-3#post-338471

seems that the circuit board - assumably the clicky switch - fails internally and then essentially acts like the button is pressed 'down' the entire time. this in turn heats up the motor on the effected window until it eventually burns the motor out.

diagnoses and temp solution posted in linked thread above oh yeah super helpful

to summarize:
1. pull door panel of affected window
2. disconnect harness for window motor
3. using 12v magic roll the window up manually (assuming your windows motor is not burned up)
4. leave the harness disconnected
5. goto ford dealership
6. slap service rep
7. do a 360 and walk away

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bigfig

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this window concern on my end. Thank you!
I have the same problem, except my service department is terrible about follow up. I'm worried they will never replace this part, currently on backorder. I had to drive in to even find out. Would be happy to work directly with @Ford Motor Company on this if needed ford<at>bigfig.net
Sponsored