Hac411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the Bushwhacker fenders 6 mo ago, but I don’t like how they make my tires look small. They would look awesome with a lift and some spacers, but I don’t want to do that. Anyone had any issues removing them?
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just did all these yesterday

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders Busy Weekend

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed some from my Tacoma before I sold it. No real issues. I'm not sure if they use 3M on the Mavericks but mine did not on the Tacoma. I think if they did that would be the only issue. Just do the opposite of what you did putting them on lol.

What do you plan on doing with them? Still have the original box?

Busy Weekend.jpg
I like the bug deflector. Raised just enough with the lip to be practical. What brand is that?

Last edited:

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I removed some from my Tacoma before I sold it. No real issues. I'm not sure if they use 3M on the Mavericks but mine did not on the Tacoma. I think if they did that would be the only issue. Just do the opposite of what you did putting them on lol.

What do you plan on doing with them? Still have the original box?

I like the bud deflector. Raised just enough with the lip to be practical. What brand is that?
Thank You! Bug Deflector: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285164156748

Also, that was the OP that removed the Bushwacker flairs. I agree they are too big.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank You! Bug Deflector: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285164156748

Also, that was the OP that removed the Bushwacker flairs. I agree they are too big.
Thank you.

Yea I wasn't fond of them on my Tacoma either, but they made a huge difference during winter so I didn't really care. I would have never put them on a stock setup though. I'd be curious how they look on my setup on the Maverick, but not curious enough to pay that new price lol.

I also contacted Bushwacker on what wheel/tire setup they used for pictures and they said they were only on for pic purposes. Can't even turn the truck lol.

Plus, my experience with the previous ones I had was all those little shiny rivets are cheap fake plastic and they do not seal properly, so I had to use silicon around them as well. On the fence about putting anything on the Maverick tbh...

RAnSD619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, Honda Fit, Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I installed the Bushwhacker fenders 6 mo ago, but I don’t like how they make my tires look small. They would look awesome with a lift and some spacers, but I don’t want to do that. Anyone had any issues removing them?
I love the Bushwacker flares but agree they need both bigger tires and a lift.

I do plan to do both eventually but not for a long time. Would be after my warranty runs out or a suspension company will warranty the lift on a hybrid.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you.

Yea I wasn't fond of them on my Tacoma either, but they made a huge difference during winter so I didn't really care. I would have never put them on a stock setup though. I'd be curious how they look on my setup on the Maverick, but not curious enough to pay that new price lol.

I also contacted Bushwacker on what wheel/tire setup they used for pictures and they said they were only on for pic purposes. Can't even turn the truck lol.

Plus, my experience with the previous ones I had was all those little shiny rivets are cheap fake plastic and they do not seal properly, so I had to use silicon around them as well. On the fence about putting anything on the Maverick tbh...
They were less than a $100 for the set and I need more black on my Maverick.
As far as Bushwacker....I just don't care for the exposed mounting screws look. If I had huge tires and it filled out the wheel well then I would consider larger flares. I have factory flairs on my 04 Dakota that are the perfect size

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders 20231010_163828_resized[4284]

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders 20170913_184423

Big C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Busy Weekend.jpg
I don't really care for the extra little lip on the top of the flares on lighter colored trucks. If someone has them on a carbonized gray I would love to see them. I think it may blend nicely on carbonized Gray

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hac411

Hac411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the Bushwacker flares but agree they need both bigger tires and a lift.

I do plan to do both eventually but not for a long time. Would be after my warranty runs out or a suspension company will warranty the lift on a hybrid.
I am waiting for a lift kit too. Here are pictures what the fenders look like without a lift. I did change the tires to 245/65/17

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders IMG_5557

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders IMG_5549

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders IMG_5543

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders IMG_5541

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders IMG_5540

Ford Maverick Removing the Bushwhacker fenders IMG_5550

RAnSD619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, Honda Fit, Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am waiting for a lift kit too. Here are pictures what the fenders look like without a lift. I did change the tires to 245/65/17
Nice wheels. How do you like your HTs? Have you taken them on trail yet? Was thinking of Falken AT Trails but that’s probably overkill for a FWD hybrid. HTs are probably the better tire for the Hybrid everyday.

OP
OP
Hac411

Hac411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice wheels. How do you like your HTs? Have you taken them on trail yet? Was thinking of Falken AT Trails but that’s probably overkill for a FWD hybrid. HTs are probably the better tire for the Hybrid everyday.
Thanks. I love them! I have taken them on trails and they are so much better than the continentals. Plus I didn’t get much of a hit on mpgs.
Sponsored