Sponsored

Wider fenders, anyone thinking about it?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I contacted Advanced Fiberglass Concepts to see if they had any plans to make wider fenders for the Maverick and their response was "if we get enough interest then it is a possibility. However at this time we do not plan on it"
SO if anyone does have at least a moderate interest in something like that feel free to send them an email [email protected]

They make some beautiful fenders for the Bronco (which is what gave me the idea) in two widths

It would be awesome to have the option to get a curvy (think Raptor) look to our little trucks

Yes I am aware about half of you think changing any parts is stupid, so you don't need to comment
Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I contacted Advanced Fiberglass Concepts to see if they had any plans to make wider fenders for the Maverick and their response was "if we get enough interest then it is a possibility. However at this time we do not plan on it"
SO if anyone does have at least a moderate interest in something like that feel free to send them an email [email protected]

They make some beautiful fenders for the Bronco (which is what gave me the idea) in two widths

It would be awesome to have the option to get a curvy (think Raptor) look to our little trucks

Yes I am aware about half of you think changing any parts is stupid, so you don't need to comment
Man it’s prob more like 75% think modifying is dumb 😂. I’m down to see what it would look like at least

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean fender flairs? Otherwise how exactly would you replace the rear “fenders”.

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you mean fender flairs? Otherwise how exactly would you replace the rear “fenders”.

They are not welded, I assume there would be some panel adhesive but it would be just like replacing bedside on an F150 (probably easier)
When you open the back doors you can see it's bolted on

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you replace a bedside on a F150? Are you talking about fender flairs or suggesting replacing everything on both sides except the doors?

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In order to do what AFC does to the Bronco you would need to replace both front fenders, and virtually the entire ‘bedside’ area. Everything would be replaced with the exception of the doors. Cutting the back panels off on a unibody truck and replacing with fiberglass would compromise rigidity and strength especially with a load in the bed and would promote cracking. The only thing that be cost effective on these trucks is a set of fender flairs, color matched or not.....

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

please review the building a Maverick video

the "bedsides" are not structural

Also the rear pieces of a Bronco are removable as well (much easier of course)

CowboyCorky

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
All i want is some raptor style fender flares. Im hoping someone will make them soon.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I cant wait till 10 years from now, and we can come across a 4 piece fiberglass kit on craigslist. Of course by then I will have upgraded to second gen Bronco Sports control arms, added the twin clutch rear end, lincoln axleshafts(potentially longer based on future hope), 3.5" lift springs, and a upgraded turbo, with a performance head and torque cam.

What do yall say to 10" of suspension travel 32" tires, wide stance, 350hp in a compact 3800lb package.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 VW Jetta wagon TDI
I am looking forward to seeing fiberglass parts being made especially fenders. It opens up the possibilities of more customizations. I could easily see a raptor style kit being made. Personal I would want something more retro like a 61 Unibody.
Sponsored