First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anybody know how to remove the center console cover on the maverick? I’ve taken the lid off by removing the back panel but now I don’t know how to get the cover off to replace the vinyl one with my new leather one. There are no screws or clips that I can see and when I try to pry it off it gouges the vinyl and I don’t want to break the plastic. HELP!
Ford Maverick Remove console cover? image
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s likely glued in place

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The vinyl cover, yes. He's referring to the plastic piece being glued to the rest of it. Apply heat and see it wiggles. If there is nothing to remove that may be hiding screws or clips, then it may be glued. Pretty sure you are the pioneer on this one, at least for the forums. If nothing seems to work, YOLO it and order a replacement then hack away lol.

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The vinyl cover, yes. He's referring to the plastic piece being glued to the rest of it. Apply heat and see it wiggles. If there is nothing to remove that may be hiding screws or clips, then it may be glued. Pretty sure you are the pioneer on this one, at least for the forums. If nothing seems to work, YOLO it and order a replacement then hack away lol.
After my extensive Internet, search on how to do it, I saw quite a few of them that had already been removed but nobody explained how it was done. On redneck, garage, which shows a video of the seats, being recovered with leather ones, he mentions the center consul, but not how to get it off.

Sponsored

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe try to message him or comment on his video?
I'm curious too because I want to find a clean looking mod to bring the pad up and forward a bit.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After my extensive Internet, search on how to do it, I saw quite a few of them that had already been removed but nobody explained how it was done. On redneck, garage, which shows a video of the seats, being recovered with leather ones, he mentions the center consul, but not how to get it off.
@Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are clips inside the cover I'll post a photo tomorrow when I get to my shop.

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I need to know how I can reinstall the spring that holds it up. I have reinstalled the cover, but can't seem to be able to put the support spring back on.

Supercheese01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt, Honda Accord sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anybody know how to remove the center console cover on the maverick? I’ve taken the lid off by removing the back panel but now I don’t know how to get the cover off to replace the vinyl one with my new leather one. There are no screws or clips that I can see and when I try to pry it off it gouges the vinyl and I don’t want to break the plastic. HELP!
image.jpg
The upper part has 10 plastic clips molded in. It comes apart like a clamshell. There is a tiny seam if you look. Then you can see how the cover is attached.
Sponsored