Sponsored

Priority Code 11 ?

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Equinox
I asked on another thread but received no reponse; I ordered on August 18th , Basic XL Hybrid, blue , with sunroof and folding bed cover . My order shows " Priority Code 11 " . What exactly does that Code mean , since I was told it is the 2nd best you can be initially assigned ? Is that true , and does it really mean anything or just hype? Haven't heard a thing since my order acknowledgment the day after ordered. Thanks in advance , good luck to all still waiting. .
Sponsored

Last edited:

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked on another thread but received no reponse; I ordered on August 18th , Basic XL Hybrid, blue , with sunroof and folding bed cover . My order shows " Priority Code 11 " . What exactly does that Code mean , since I was told it is the 2nd best you can be assigned ? Is that true , and does it really mean anything or just hype? Haven't heard a thing since my order acknowledgment the day after ordered. Thanks in advance , good luck to all still waiting. .
I really don't know, but based on prior threads there are at least 5 other treads asking same question. Not trying to be a dick. Maybe why there was a lack of responses.

OP
OP
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Equinox
I really don't know, but based on prior threads there are at least 5 other treads asking same question. Not trying to be a dick. Maybe why there was a lack of responses.
Ok , thanks. I haven't seen those posts , guessing because there are so many different ones to try and follow.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dealer likes the person he gave "10" to better than you

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is under the impression that the codes are basically meaningless in reality. He has seen no significant difference in order timing, regardless of the code.

Ford will tell you it's a "priority code", meaning a code 10 would get scheduled ahead of a code 19, all else equal. But there are many other factors that probably have a much greater affect on scheduling, other than the code.

Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked on another thread but received no reponse; I ordered on August 18th , Basic XL Hybrid, blue , with sunroof and folding bed cover . My order shows " Priority Code 11 " . What exactly does that Code mean , since I was told it is the 2nd best you can be initially assigned ? Is that true , and does it really mean anything or just hype? Haven't heard a thing since my order acknowledgment the day after ordered. Thanks in advance , good luck to all still waiting. .
Dealer assigns a priority code from 10 to 19 with 19 being the default for customer (special) orders. An order with a priority code of 10 will be scheduled before a priority code of 11, etc (with everything else being equal). Dealer can decide who gets scheduled first based upon the priority code that they assign to the order (again - with everything else being equal). Codes 20 to 80 are for dealer stock orders. Code 2 is assigned by Ford and is when they are looking for orders to be scheduled. Once at priority code 2, no changes can be made to the order, however, a dealer can change the priority code back to a priority code 10 or higher to make changes that the customer wants but the dealership can not put it back to a priority code 2 once those changes have been made. Once a VIN has been assigned, no more changes can be made.

OP
OP
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Equinox
Dealer assigns a priority code from 10 to 19 with 19 being the default for customer (special) orders. An order with a priority code of 10 will be scheduled before a priority code of 11, etc (with everything else being equal). Dealer can decide who gets scheduled first based upon the priority code that they assign to the order (again - with everything else being equal). Codes 20 to 80 are for dealer stock orders. Code 2 is assigned by Ford and is when they are looking for orders to be scheduled. Once at priority code 2, no changes can be made to the order, however, a dealer can change the priority code back to a priority code 10 or higher to make changes that the customer wants but the dealership can not put it back to a priority code 2 once those changes have been made. Once a VIN has been assigned, no more changes can be made.
Ist answer that makes some sense , thank you !

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is under the impression that the codes are basically meaningless in reality. He has seen no significant difference in order timing, regardless of the code.

Ford will tell you it's a "priority code", meaning a code 10 would get scheduled ahead of a code 19, all else equal. But there are many other factors that probably have a much greater affect on scheduling, other than the code.
My sales manager said something similar. He said my priority code 13 scheduled before an identical ordered Lariat with a Priority Code 10. He said the only difference was paint color and they ordered a month later than me.

I asked him why that customer received a 10, and I received a 13. He said, "because it's my Dad's."

Ford Maverick Priority Code 11 ? giphy
Sponsored