First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It might be a hit if the dealers don't go over msrp. I looked into a Santa Cruz. Dealer was asking $2499 over msrp. I am not fond of msrp but am willing to pay for it on a Maverick.
Hopefully, I will get what I ordered. Hyundai will not take orders. Ford dealer gave me msrp that I can live with.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks like it got hit with the ugly stick!
It really does! One thing driving maverick sales is price point. They will have to come in low.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazing how many people here are Toyota fans. I guess they really are stealing Toyota's sales with the Maverick.
Agree, will never own one, I don't care where it's built or how good it is supposed to be. I buy from AMERICAN companies when I can.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They need truck with better mpg . If they want just make the taco hybrid /ev they could do that . They’ve already said they have taken notice of the ford maverick success. The taco engine will need evolve to hybrid to compete in 2024,2025 etc. going foward they will need to adapt. They are already redoing their ev division .
Not in the US they don't. Tacomas are always at/near top of annual sales for mid size. MPG isn't hurting them at all. "Taking notice" of Maverick success doesn't mean they will produce a similar vehicle. I remember the article that came from and Toyota actually said they have no plan over short term to enter that market. It's not a CAFE standard thing either, or it would have been a problem already. Same with NIssan Frontier- the truck continues to get horrible mileage even after redesign. Toyota may very well make some kind of hybrid option available on next gen Tacoma, but I don't see them building a completely new COMPACT platform to stuff a hybrid in. Not cost effective unless the market grows to like 500k + per year that can be split up profitably.
Sponsored