Sponsored

Ported Subwoofer Box for under rear seats?

Matt246810

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone made a ported sub box for under rear seats? I am thinking about a box for one 10 inch or one 12 inch. Thinking there would be enough air volume if it was extended over the hump from one side to the other. Have to have a ported sub box!
Sponsored

rallyshark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'll have a hard time getting a 12 under there, especially if you want it ported too. The issue is the diameter of the 12. You'd have to remove the plastic bins and go full on custom build to do it. In my opinion, it isn't worth the extra effort to get a 12 under there, unless you're wanting to get really crazy with the audio build. There's been a couple of people that have done a ported 10, but I can't remember who it was. I think one of them was with a JL TW3.

OP
OP

Matt246810

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You'll have a hard time getting a 12 under there, especially if you want it ported too. The issue is the diameter of the 12. You'd have to remove the plastic bins and go full on custom build to do it. In my opinion, it isn't worth the extra effort to get a 12 under there, unless you're wanting to get really crazy with the audio build. There's been a couple of people that have done a ported 10, but I can't remember who it was. I think one of them was with a JL TW3.
Would definitely use a 10 if need be. Let me know if you remember or come across the 10 inch ported box again. Thanks!

rallyshark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just search for audio builds on here, and you'll find it. I know there's a lot to go through, but you'll get there :D I know he made a fiberglass enclosure to do. I don't have the patience to sort through the search results, lol.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't find the pic right now, but there was a masterpiece of a box built by someone that filled the whole underseat area for a ported JL 10w6. The vent was on the right side, exiting next to the seat.

I don't think you can't fit a 12 under the bench without cutting some metal. A lot of the extreme performance 10s are going to have too much depth to fit, also.

Here is a single ported 10" but not a lot of subs will work in this low volume. (I'm sure that's why the guy who built it used a JL 10TW3.) I personally would do a single or dual sealed 10 instead.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...tage-alpine-jl-audio.29865/page-2#post-559363

If you want easy mode for a pair of sealed 10", contact Chris Hilbert of Sound Decisions for a high quality premade box. They're in Wisconsin but he will ship. Here's what it looks like: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-seat-dual-10-inch-subwoofer-box-subs.35155/
Sponsored