Sponsored

Phoenix: First Sighting "in the wild" EB L-101 (Tatum to Frank Lloyd Wright)

hbjones

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I don't know if you are on here, but I got passed by a brand new carbonized gray metallic(???) Maverick east-bound on the L-101 in the north valley earlier today (about 7:35am). Nice looking truck. That was my first one "in the wild". Woot Woot. I am still searching for mine, but may have to wait for order banks to open-up on August 16th. Enjoy!
Sponsored

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Harold,

I'm on the 101 near Via de Ventura all the time as my daughter lives nearby. Look for the flash of a Velocity Blue Maverick and its probably me trying to keep up with the 80 MPH AZ drivers in the 65 MPH zone lol.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Harold,

I'm on the 101 near Via de Ventura all the time as my daughter lives nearby. Look for the flash of a Velocity Blue Maverick and its probably me trying to keep up with the 80 MPH AZ drivers in the 65 MPH zone lol.
Perhaps it was you I saw yesterday on the 101? Got off at McDowell and a Velocity Blue hybrid was just ahead of me.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps it was you I saw yesterday on the 101? Got off at McDowell and a Velocity Blue hybrid was just ahead of me.
Not me, musta been my evil twin! 😈

No, I have not been out in a couple weeks but…..looks like other Maverick’s have been cut loose into PHX😁

I have CA temp plates and when I get my personalized plates you’ll know it’s me, the FX Poor guy lol

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
40th St & Hillery drive .... Cmon by and take a look see LoL

Did my 1st Costco run today at the location where Paradise Valley Mall was.
Shopped, then checked air pressures at their fill station.
By the time I pulled out of the lot I had been stopped 3 times and asked how I like the truck.
Each time I began by pointing at the grin on my face, and they reciprocated.
Tell ya what, the tinted windows make this thing look downright sexy hehe

Ford Maverick Phoenix:  First Sighting "in the wild" EB L-101 (Tatum to Frank Lloyd Wright) tempImageLWGqKG

Sponsored

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a few of them in the wild around Gilbert/Queen Creek. The coolest Maverick I saw was a work truck for some sort of landscaping company or pest control service while driving around on Rittenhouse near Ocotillo.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we're going to start seeing a lot more Mavs in the wild around Phoenix. When I picked up mine, there was an Area 51 First edition parked right next to it, and it was gone by the time I was out of the dealership. Today I stopped in to grab my Fits accessories and parked next to a rapid red ecoboost FE. Chapman seems to not have much trouble getting these in and delivering to customers. Hopefully I wasn't the only one who had to wait 7 months :)

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will love this truck, I'm telling ya. I've yet to own a vehicle until this one, where after a few weeks I STILL grin as I walk up to it :cool:
And took it to the store a couple miles away yesterday. A 2.2 mile trip back, .8 miles used gas, 1.4 miles on electric, avg a mind blowing 72.4 MPG ..... ya I know that's a fluke. Down hill, tail wind LoL.
But combined 45 MPG - ya again, YOU and all owners are going to love this Hybrid version!!!

Ford Maverick Phoenix:  First Sighting "in the wild" EB L-101 (Tatum to Frank Lloyd Wright) tempImage0tRxGK

Last edited:
Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious now what colors have you all seen "in the wild"? I've seen an Area 51, Oxford White, Cactus Grey, Iconic Silver, and one Rapid Red FE (at the dealership). As for the Carb Grey... I see mine every day.

OP
OP
hbjones

hbjones

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm curious now what colors have you all seen "in the wild"? I've seen an Area 51, Oxford White, Cactus Grey, Iconic Silver, and one Rapid Red FE (at the dealership). As for the Carb Grey... I see mine every day.
I have only seen three so far, Carbonized Gray, Oxford White, and Velocity Blue.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have only seen three so far, Carbonized Gray, Oxford White, and Velocity Blue.
I forgot I saw a velocity blue one time as well. Such a nice color!

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: Saw another Velocity Blue hybrid at Arizona Falls this weekend. Didn't get to see driver but cheers for parking near me for the Maverick "shout out"!
Passed another silver Mav on the 101 this morning. EB i think. Great to see us out there!

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
40th St & Hillery drive .... Cmon by and take a look see LoL

Did my 1st Costco run today at the location where Paradise Valley Mall was.
Shopped, then checked air pressures at their fill station.
By the time I pulled out of the lot I had been stopped 3 times and asked how I like the truck.
Each time I began by pointing at the grin on my face, and they reciprocated.
Tell ya what, the tinted windows make this thing look downright sexy hehe

tempImageLWGqKG.png
6 weeks ownership tomorrow, 600 miles on it, still grinning from ear to ear every time I hop behind the wheel.
Sponsored