First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my Maverick arrives I plan to install the Perimeter Plus add on and the flashing led light and wanted to hear from anyone who
has done it and where you decided to locate the light. I did this on my Ranger and was pretty simple but not having the Mav it’s difficult to see where to locate the led where it would be visible and reachable with the wiring provided. Also I noticed on the Ford Accessory website that the led only shows ‘22 fitment but the Perimeter Plus fits ‘22-‘23. I can’t imagine there would be any difference but I will contact dealer before ordering.
Sponsored

tubalicious

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Malibu, 2023 XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have you figured this out yet?

OP
OP
Feldgary53

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I
Have you figured this out yet?
I installed it in the small plastic panel at bottom of instrument cluster. It pops off and you have to be careful since it is attached to a vinyl? piece of material and I did not want to try to completely remove so tilted it up and drilled with a backer behind to avoid damaging the cluster face.
Ford Maverick Perimeter Plus Alarm LED Location suggestions IMG_2628.JPG

tubalicious

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks.

Have you been successful with getting the app notifications?

Where did you zip tie the unit?

OP
OP
Feldgary53

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks.

Regarding the app I haven't tried yet, been busy with other stuff and the unit I placed behind a removable panel on driver side lower front door jamb next to dash. It would not fit well in the interior kick panel on left side like the Ranger and did not see anything else at the time that looked easy to reach. I may take another look when time permits to find a more accessible location for adjusting sensitivity. It didn't seem very open under there with something to tie it to out of the way without removing more trim. I was in a rush to get it done before leaving for a trip.

Sponsored

Lpd738

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks.

I can say that if you have the app and push notifications on it worked right out of the box for me. Plugged in the alarm, locked the doors and shut the tailgate hard enough to trigger the alarm. Got message on my Apple watch within seconds. Couldn't be happier!

tubalicious

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I finally got notifications on my apps but only with the full alarm. Not the chirps. I think that's probably how it was designed.

I zip tied mine up and the random clicking will make it chirp.... Any suggestions?

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed my LED on the plastic panel at the top of the steering column. It pops right off and has a Ford symbol on the underside that is a great spot to drill the hole. Regarding drilling, for a clean. Well centered hole, use a punch to mark the spot, then use a step drill bit and go slow. My 9/32 step drill bit took a walk, so used my 1/4 bit for the initial hole, then reamed it out carefully with a normal 9/32 bit.

Ford Maverick Perimeter Plus Alarm LED Location suggestions IMG_1584
Ford Maverick Perimeter Plus Alarm LED Location suggestions IMG_1585

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed my LED on the plastic panel at the top of the steering column. It pops right off and has a Ford symbol on the underside that is a great spot to drill the hole. Regarding drilling, for a clean. Well centered hole, use a punch to mark the spot, then use a step drill bit and go slow. My 9/32 step drill bit took a walk, so used my 1/4 bit for the initial hole, then reamed it out carefully with a normal 9/32 bit.

IMG_1584.jpeg
IMG_1585.jpeg
Other than the dash I think I like this spot the most for placement.. definitely seems to be the easiest to get to

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other than the dash I think I like this spot the most for placement.. definitely seems to be the easiest to get to
And if you screw up, it shouldn't be too costly to replace vs. the dash. It's very visible at night from both sides of the car.

Sponsored

Mavrik23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The LED mountings people have shared in this thread look nice, indeed.

But I'd really like to mount mine on the dashboard, ideally near the center or as close as the wiring will allow. I don't want a potential thief to have to look very hard for the light. Has anyone mounted theirs in this way and how difficult would you say it was? Thx.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The LED mountings people have shared in this thread look nice, indeed.

But I'd really like to mount mine on the dashboard, ideally near the center or as close as the wiring will allow. I don't want a potential thief to have to look very hard for the light. Has anyone mounted theirs in this way and how difficult would you say it was? Thx.
This is video of what it looks like at night from the driver's side. You could easily see it from the passenger side too.

Sponsored