OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Mike, that seems like a ton of money to me. Did dealer mark up your vehicle? I got an XLT in Hot Pepper Red, Ecoboost, AWD, FX4 co pilot 360, lux package sliding window roll up tonneau cover, moonroof, alloy wheels with Falken Wildpeaks and full size spare for 35,000. Including delivery charge . Got 4% under dealer invoice also. Better check your DORA something very fishy with those numbers if just an XLT.
I forgot to mention the 14000.00 owing on my current loan...
Sponsored

DavidGOnBowen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We've been nursing a 1998 Subaru Outback with 150,000km (not even 100,000 miles) that has a leaking head gasket (just a bit of oil - no transfer between the engine and the cooling system... yet). But now the starter seems to be going.

So I checked with our dealership about our Hybrid order - not even on the horizon (just over 7 months), and they think it's the drop in bed liner - but they said they had an eco-boost AWD in Area 51 coming near the end of February.... and I went for it.

We have a lumpy, steep, single lane road that has a deep ditch on one side and a bank on the other, and when we get snow, the municipality rarely clears it (we have a lot of rural road and limited resources), so it starts slippery and then gets icy. Our Subaru with winter tires slid down it sideways - I had to use the bank to top the car from spinning around backwards and sliding out of control to the bottom.

We'd debated Hybrid FWD and Eco-boost AWD prior to ordering the truck, so we were well informed. Sad about the hybrid, but the AWD might make more sense for us.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We've been nursing a 1998 Subaru Outback with 150,000km (not even 100,000 miles) that has a leaking head gasket (just a bit of oil - no transfer between the engine and the cooling system... yet). But now the starter seems to be going.

So I checked with our dealership about our Hybrid order - not even on the horizon (just over 7 months), and they think it's the drop in bed liner - but they said they had an eco-boost AWD in Area 51 coming near the end of February.... and I went for it.

We have a lumpy, steep, single lane road that has a deep ditch on one side and a bank on the other, and when we get snow, the municipality rarely clears it (we have a lot of rural road and limited resources), so it starts slippery and then gets icy. Our Subaru with winter tires slid down it sideways - I had to use the bank to top the car from spinning around backwards and sliding out of control to the bottom.

We'd debated Hybrid FWD and Eco-boost AWD prior to ordering the truck, so we were well informed. Sad about the hybrid, but the AWD might make more sense for us.
Sounds like you're in a situation in which you gotta do what you gotta do. Let us know if the eco-boost AWD Mav meets your needs.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$46,000 CAD is approximately $36,000 USD at current exchange rates ($1.00 CAD ~= $0.78 USD).

XLT 2.0L EB AWD
Luxury Package
FX4 package
4k tow package
Hard-fold tonneau
Moon roof

currently clocks in at $33,360 USD in the US. So it's a bit higher in Canada even adjusted for inflation, but not as bad as it seems.
What I try to explain to people is that 1 dollar to us Canadians is still 1 dollar. We don't convert our currency to another currency everyday, like you don't convert to another currency.

We simply pay more in Canada for everything.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I try to explain to people is that 1 dollar to us Canadians is still 1 dollar. We don't convert our currency to another currency everyday, like you don't convert to another currency.

We simply pay more in Canada for everything.
You do the same thing Americans and everyone else in the world does - we view things in our local currency if it's not obvious it's a different currency. I just provided the conversion so anyone in the US would understand your $46,000 isn't our $46,000. :)

Sponsored

ToddyCliffs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Lariat Hybrid
if you have actually been reading/lurking like you say, you would have already known the answer to your question and not needed to waste bandwith asking it again in a new thread.
THANK YOU 🙌

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
So news update. Dealer tried to give me the line of..." Well you put more miles on it so we are going to give you less"
I'm referring to my trade in of course.
F- that...I walked out...went to another dealer 15 mins away and bought a 2020 ranger with 7000 kms.
And I got a grand more than there original offer...
Bye bye Maverick
Hello Ranger!

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So news update. Dealer tried to give me the line of..." Well you put more miles on it so we are going to give you less"
F- that...I walked out...went to another dealer 15 mins away and bought a 2020 ranger with 7000 kms.
Bye bye Maverick
Hello Ranger!
Why are you rolling in so much negative equity?

Sponsored

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bye bye Maverick
Hello Ranger!
Good luck with the Ranger. Sold my 2019 in July (for what I paid for it 2 years ago). The Maverick will replace it. The Ranger was a very good vehicle, reminding me of my 2016 F-150 in all aspects (size, height, solidness, mpg, truck-like ride, cargo/towing capacity, etc). But for me, it was just too big and high and gas-hungry for my needs.
Sponsored