Painting Ford accessories. Recommended?

LiquidPrime

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz SEL AWD
I am ordering a MY23 but admiring the Sema 22 red maverick. It appears to have painted trim pieces. I am wondering if the Ford bushwhacker fenders, hood scoop, and tailgate piece can be painted or if it would be advisible to have them vinyl wrapped or something? Untouched they look like cheap plastic which I guess they are. The tailgate insert in particular looks super rad on that air design Sema truck.
Sponsored

sitruunatee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
My dealer offered to paint match all of them and they said they hold up really well. I just went with the black plastic but I was going for a black/blue look.

Deleted member 6544

Yes they can be painted. I painted the hood scoop a satin black. Unfortunately the wrap that I wanted to do the hood in didn't match so I wrapped the scoop also. One word of caution. Make sure you clean the piece, (whatever it is), really good. The plastic still has mold release on it. Warm soap & water then wipe down with alcohol with a clean cloth then again with a clean cloth. Paint adheres just fine.

Ford Maverick Painting Ford accessories. Recommended? Mav__SO

OP
OP

LiquidPrime

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz SEL AWD
Yes they can be painted. I painted the hood scoop a satin black. Unfortunately the wrap that I wanted to do the hood in didn't match so I wrapped the scoop also. One word of caution. Make sure you clean the piece, (whatever it is), really good. The plastic still has mold release on it. Warm soap & water then wipe down with alcohol with a clean cloth then again with a clean cloth. Paint adheres just fine.

Mav__SO.jpg
Why you gotta flex that rx7 splitter like that? Nice truck. Thanks for the tips!

Deleted member 6544

Why you gotta flex that rx7 splitter like that? Nice truck. Thanks for the tips!
Thanks, I think haha. The splitter was a whole different ball game. That took an act of God to get clean and it is wasn't. So I left it alanatural.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LiquidPrime

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz SEL AWD
Thanks, I think haha. The splitter was a whole different ball game. That took an act of God to get clean and it is wasn't. So I left it alanatural.
Ford leaving money on the table. That splitter looks factory (well cooler than factory). I can't believe you made that work so well.

Deleted member 6544

Ford leaving money on the table. That splitter looks factory (well cooler than factory). I can't believe you made that work so well.
Thanks again.
I didn't really have to do much of anything. I used two way tape, (3M heavy-duty), to hold it in place then used 1/4" lag bolts through the tape along the length of it. The fit literally is perfect. It's not going anywhere!.
Gotta give credit to a fella on Facebook really. He has some pretty cool Mazda cars and had a couple splitters hanging around.
Sponsored