Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone,

I dig the steelies on the XL hard, which is one reason I actually did *not* want to spring for the XLT. The center caps look great on it but I can't help but think they'd look really sharp painted chrome against the more matte-sparkle silver of the steelies.

Anyone done this? Is it hard? I'm assuming that, based on prior similar projects I've done, I should start with steel wool to rough up the surface and all the nooks and crannies, then hit it with a couple of coats of plastic automotive spraypaint?
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone,

I dig the steelies on the XL hard, which is one reason I actually did *not* want to spring for the XLT. The center caps look great on it but I can't help but think they'd look really sharp painted chrome against the more matte-sparkle silver of the steelies.

Anyone done this? Is it hard? I'm assuming that, based on prior similar projects I've done, I should start with steel wool to rough up the surface and all the nooks and crannies, then hit it with a couple of coats of plastic automotive spraypaint?
Check this other forum post out...

Chrome Steelies