Sponsored

order what I want? gonna be waiting anyways...

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I made my reservation & order after Ford had announced 80,000. I have a white XLT hybrid +hitch, outlet, full size spare, air deflectors. I originally had spray in bedliner, but the dealer said it would delay things and the dealer could get it done anyways.

Well, given that it looks like I'm going to be waiting, anyways, should I just order it with the bedliner? Or do you think we're taking about a 2023 kind of delay with the bedliner?

My current car, a 2012 Ford focus with 130k, doesn't have any current problems (after an arduous wrestling match with a boat motor), so it SHOULD (knock on wood) be able to last that long, but I am reluctant to spend money on repairs and/or maintenance with the Mav on order.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The full size spare comes automatically with the hybrid. Hybrids are constrained because they're 2/3 of orders and will only be about 1/3 of production over the next few months. Although basic XLT hybrids seem to be getting scheduled more. I'd probably remove the air deflectors since they're so easy to add after delivery.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
So, I made my reservation & order after Ford had announced 80,000. I have a white XLT hybrid +hitch, outlet, full size spare, air deflectors. I originally had spray in bedliner, but the dealer said it would delay things and the dealer could get it done anyways.

Well, given that it looks like I'm going to be waiting, anyways, should I just order it with the bedliner? Or do you think we're taking about a 2023 kind of delay with the bedliner?

My current car, a 2012 Ford focus with 130k, doesn't have any current problems (after an arduous wrestling match with a boat motor), so it SHOULD (knock on wood) be able to last that long, but I am reluctant to spend money on repairs and/or maintenance with the Mav on order.
I originally had the drop-in bedliner as it was the cheapest option for the types of bedliners offered and I really didn't know the difference (and this was one of several options on Ford's builder on the website that offered no real photos or detailed descriptions). When I put in my order, the dealer explained why spray-in would be optimal and that they could do it at the dealership when the truck arrives, rather than at the factory, for a comparable price to the drop-in. While spray-in is still listed on my order after making this change, I'm hopeful it doesn't somehow delay the truck any more. But I'm being patient regardless of what happens and not making any changes to my order. More time to pad that down payment!

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I placed my order (XLT, Hybrid, Luxury package) at the dealership here in Northern Utah on 8/26, the only item the dealer had to take off was the mud flaps.

So, with my order being a Hybrid, and the fact that the luxury package includes the spray-in bedliner, I'm in for a wait. Not really a problem though. When I placed my order, I anticipated a 6-8 month wait.

Still wondering if Ford will do my spray-in bedliner at the dealership, even though it was part of the Lux package? Time and resources will tell!
Sponsored