Sponsored

Optimism or Pessimism: Depends on your view…

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at the August production report…
should I be optimistic ?? Or pessimistic??
Making the assumption that Maverick retail reservation + dealer orders = 100k
Bronco Sport production has not achieved (100k) in 8 months 😒 and still backlogged
But plant capacity is only running at very roughly 25% 😀

TALK TO ME GOOSE !!

Ford Maverick Optimism or Pessimism: Depends on your view… EF53D07B-5E7A-4A9F-A984-B3CB399D552D
Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Remember, a reservation is not an order and they are, from what I can glean, not at anywhere near 100k orders. They are not building based on reservations, only orders - reservations are just a marketing concept (both in that you have to give the dealer your email to make a reservation, and they can tout how many have been reserved knowing that there is absolutely no commitment required to make a reservation).
Since they have only been building them in any real quantity for about 2 weeks, and still have not been given the official Okay to Sell, I think Ford is right on track for what they intended to produce at this time. The only real thing that is pessimistic for me is that they planned a 35% Hybrid to 65% Ecoboost ratio and the initial orders appear to be the opposite percentage. That is the one thing that makes me think I might get my truck order much later than Ford originally predicted.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Where are you getting 25% capacity?

Per the August numbers, they made 15,847 total vehicles at Hermosillo. Divide that by the 22 production days, that's 720 per day. I've read on here that the capacity is about 800 per day. That means they were running at 90% capacity for August.

We also know they were only producing stock orders from 8/16 through the end of month, retail production has not even begun as far as we know.
Sponsored