Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fords HVACs do have some wonky settings- Such as friends raptor and probably all Fords maverick included wont let you blast full AC to just the footwells- Tried to keep a bucket of ice cold on a 30 minute drive when it was 88 outside-
It may sound weird, but Ford actually did you a favor on that one... Blowing air over the ice bucket - even 60ºF air from the A/C set to MAX - will cause the ice to melt faster.... Even the "cold" air is a LOT warmer than the ice itself...

Best thing you could do in that situation is avoid ANY air blowing on it, or better yet, wrap the bucket in a towel, adding a layer of insulation to slow the melting.
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It may sound weird, but Ford actually did you a favor on that one... Blowing air over the ice bucket - even 60ºF air from the A/C set to MAX - will cause the ice to melt faster.... Even the "cold" air is a LOT warmer than the ice itself...

Best thing you could do in that situation is avoid ANY air blowing on it, or better yet, wrap the bucket in a towel, adding a layer of insulation to slow the melting.
Now I know - Reminds me of a river trip discussion about boil n bag temp needed with an engineer friend - lol

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMO there's only one correct AC setting and that's "OFF". Windows down, sunroof open and enjoy the beautiful warm weather in your hair! For me there is no limit on the temp, if it's 95° with 80% relative humidity there's still no AC.
A lot easier to say in the NY area, where it's only 95º for a few hours on a few days. Try that down here in Texas, when it goes above 95º mid-morning, peaks in the mid-100's, and stays above 90º until well after the sun goes down. And when that goes on for months at a time!

I do enjoy "windows down, moonroof open, rear window open" cruising when it's between 70-85º, but that's a pretty small window of time around here!

Like @crgator said, mine is set to AUTO, with the temp set around 72º - year round. And I will add that the A/C system on the Maverick is powerful enough that even on the hottest days, the cab cools off VERY quickly.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot easier to say in the NY area, where it's only 95º for a few hours on a few days. Try that down here in Texas, when it goes above 95º mid-morning, peaks in the mid-100's, and stays above 90º until well after the sun goes down. And when that goes on for months at a time!
Oh absolutely! And not only that but we really only have about 4 months up here where AC would be needed. The rest of the year it's either frigid or just warm enough to crack the windows a little. I have no doubt that I'd be singing a different tune I lived in Texas.

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had our first 100 degree days here in the Mohave Valley last week, probably 115 by the time I get my Lariat Hybrid (build date 5/4)! Good test for the AC, does anyone know if you can switch on the AC remotely with out starting the engine? Perhaps I won't need the oven mitt to drive it!

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, remote start will also keep last settings if so configured ( think its default) but I found to switch it to max cool by pressing just the max cool button before shutting down truck for the day helps alot. Just press button again the next ride to return to static temperature settings.
Was playing with the vents and temps yesterday and found 73 to be cool but not cold in mostly direct sunlight from passenger seat. 3 vents pointed to areas of body.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO there's only one correct AC setting and that's "OFF". Windows down, sunroof open and enjoy the beautiful warm weather in your hair! For me there is no limit on the temp, if it's 95° with 80% relative humidity there's still no AC.
I also tend to prefer natural air flow. It has to be pretty steamy before I hit the AC button.....which is not often here in OH. 🤠

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
I have a long white bath towel which I put on the top of the dashboard, when a vehicle is parked, anytime it's summer temperatures. The result is much cooler a/c air, way sooner once the vehicle is turned on. That towel gets thrown over my shoulder into the back seat as soon as I get in.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was a master of matching beach towels. In my younger hotter days was lifeguard rocking a flattop hair and sun tanned tone abs. One towel covered dash and steering wheel other towel like a car seat. Get of work after swimming off my coca butter sunscreen and white nose paint. Would dry off on the hot dash towel and sit on the other. On a date I would use both towels as matching seatcovers.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This will be my first summer with the Maverick, and curious what everyone does for A/C settings. In the winter I left it on full auto 70 degrees and it worked great. Do you set a temp and do full auto or set it manually? I noticed that in auto it doesn’t do recirculate and you have to manually hit that button or use Max A/C. How well does the auto function cool or should I use Max A/C and adjust the fan speed manually? I tend to like it cold in the truck. My old Subaru was useless in the summer on auto, you had to set everything manually to get it to cool well, so curious how the Maverick system works.
I live in Florida, and have my A/C set at 74 degrees. Very rarely do I adjust it, it's on auto and does a great job. My truck is a hybrid so it runs without the engine running while I'm in traffic. The only time I had the truck in Max A/C is when I pick it up from the dealer after service. (They put it in Max when you get it back) works better then the A/C in my house!
Sponsored