Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We got a phone call from our dealer on Nov 1st, 2022 that he got three Mavericks in and one of his customers bailed on him. The bailed Maverick was the same order as ours except it had a moonroof. A hybrid with the same color, same 18" wheels, same everything. We were next in line so he called.

When we arrived later that day (it was a Thursday) to drive it, he hands me an email from Ford that my original order was going into production. It was raining Mavericks and was a very good day. But we still were unsure that our original order would be built.

We bought the truck from our dealer and took delivery Nov 7th because, at the time, some of his customers were getting notifications that their VINs had been canceled. We thought we'd buy the bird in the hand instead of trusting that Ford could build our order.

Yesterday Dec 3, 2022, Ford sends me an email saying that our truck is built. So, slightly less than a month from the production email to finished truck. . .

Hopefully everyone gets a Maverick that wants one. At least for us, Ford kept to the plan and got our converted MY22-MY23 order built.

Ford Maverick Oct 23rd, 2021 order has been built. 1670166192928
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aherpa

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Soooo...are you going to take delivery and sell your current Mav or...?
Keeping our current Mav but keeping options open on the original order, for now.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We thought we'd buy the bird in the hand instead of trusting that Ford could build our order.
An excellent point.

Someone should remind Ford that credibility is something that you only have once.
Sponsored