First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
With the Maverick hopefully being my first pick up, I was hoping some more seasoned people could share some dailying a pick up as an only car tips, for example:

I have a toolbox I take every day to work but keep in my trunk with other misc stuff, would I need to get a locking box for the bed to keep my tools secure? Wouldn't that remove bed space in a (semi) permanent way?

Or the same way I can keep my laptop safe and insulated in my Sedan's trunk, even if I got a bed cover can I expect the contents to be flying around and rubbing all over the metal bed? Should I expect the contents to be more susceptible to cold winters with a less insulated bed?

Having owned a sedan and suv I'm wondering if I'll be cursing when I used to pack cooked family dinner's in the hatch but a cooked roast will arrive a shaken cold brick, ya know life's little grievances 😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I like your approach of seeing what I thought would be worries as creative challenges, i might have to start looking at one of those locking boxes, something diamond plate makes any truck look good 👌 I'd like to see a pic of the one you made

the idea of carpeting the bed did cross my mind haha but in that case I hope there's lots of tie down points in the bed

I do agree that there's gonna be some compromises, but I guess that's the same as the sedan being so low to the ground or having to duck my head everytime I go inside in exchange of good handling, and the turkey storage trunk, I'm thinking being escaped based the maverick will be a good in-between

KB8JXO`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge
Being a 4 door truck. there is always the back seat area to put stuff, unless you have a 3+ family,
Sponsored